• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

COB

COB

Level 1
First of all, let me introduce myself.
I'm COB, which is the abbreviation of Child of Bodom.
I've been browsing through this forum for quite some time, and I've been playing WC3 for longer, ofcourse.
I once created a couple of maps, but our harddrive crashed and the maps were lost. Just to let you know I've got some basic skills. Though not more then basic as you will find out I suppose.
Now is the time for me to actually use this forum for some questions.
Ofcourse, when I come along questions I can answer, I will.
But now it is time for my problem.

You see, I'm trying more or less to create my own campaign. I've started out by creating 4 heroes:
Mystical Farmer
Deputy of Fire
Swift Rider
Sorceress of Nature
I want them to have some custom made spells, and I tried to create them myself, with help of the tutorial I found here. Trigger-driven, I'm talking about.

Now, finally, the questions:
I want to create an ultimate called Gates of Hell. It should be like schockwave, but look more firey, and deal more damage (Why else would it be an ultimate). I've created a dummy spell, but when I want to select the target unit-group, I come along the problem. I just found out how to select the region between the caster and the target of ability being cast. The problem here is, the region is a rectangle, thus the surface of the region is variable. How can I set the region to a maximal surface?

Secondly, I want a spell which increases the armor of nearby friendly units, but I can't find an action with which I can do that.

Thirdly, how can I make a spell only affect friendly units?
Finally, how can I make a spell only affect enemy units?

I hope you understand it and are willing to help me.

COB

COB

Level 1
Does stats-target allowed also work with trigger-enhanced spells?

COB

COB

Level 1
Allright thanks.
By the way, I believe I can find something for my first problem, so that one is solved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.