• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Reforged Terrain Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy to share the images of this nice project. The idea started 4 months ago as a creation of a wallpaper (like previous works that I shared) is set in the jungle, based mainly on an image from "CallOfDuty BlackOps - Cold War"

As I elaborated the terrain and the environment, I experimented developing new custom resources that they need for this and other similar projects and I liked the environment so much that I decided to give it a little twist and no longer just get a wallpaper but a nice display of captures playable terrain.
The map is mainly divided into two environments, an allied zone with a lot of vegetation, suspension bridges and some constructions
(I did not include many units as I was still testing the map)
And another less dense area, I played with the light to make it darker and with a huge cave that leads to the unknown. Both places connected to each other by a passage / cave (circle of power)

It is a job that cost me a lot, for the development of multiple models (trial and error) bridges, research and variety of vegetation, new textures and stuff. It is likely that I will make an update in the future by adding more content to an area of the map.
It may not be perfect but right now I am very satisfied and delighted.
I like natural environments with a lot of vegetation like this one so it will not be the only project like this.

Of course, thanks to QuenchingMod and beautiful lighting, the great Retera Model tool for model editing. This is the original image post from CallOfDuty. And here I posted more images of this project. I hope you like it as much as me. Any comment is always welcome. Greetings!

Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 002.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 006.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 013.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 014.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 016.jpg
jungle-reforged-wc3-by-sev-llanto-017-jpg.388282
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 026.jpg
Jungle WC3 By SevLLanto 0006.jpg
Jungle WC3 By SevLLanto 0008.jpg
Jungle WC3 By SevLLanto 0004.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 024.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 027.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 030.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 035.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 031.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 012.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 008.jpg
Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 009.jpg

Attachments

• Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 017.jpg
    Jungle Reforged Wc3 By Sev Llanto 017.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 490
Level 14
Good use of lighting and depth.
The only slight nitpick I might make is that the actual playable paths are extremely linear and defined while the rest of it is a completely overgrown mess of jungle.

The only other issue I might find with the lighting itself is that it's potentially too saturated and high contrast with really vivid elongated shadows that:
1) Don't interact with the lighting sources
2) Seem to be somewhat counterintuitive to the texture and saturation of the paths

This all might be beyond your control but its something to think about moving forward.

I've also never been a huge fan of the fake ass cloud model to create depth in crevasses and what not.

Good use of lighting and depth.
The only slight nitpick I might make is that the actual playable paths are extremely linear and defined while the rest of it is a completely overgrown mess of jungle.

The only other issue I might find with the lighting itself is that it's potentially too saturated and high contrast with really vivid elongated shadows that:
1) Don't interact with the lighting sources
2) Seem to be somewhat counterintuitive to the texture and saturation of the paths

This all might be beyond your control but its something to think about moving forward.

I've also never been a huge fan of the fake ass cloud model to create depth in crevasses and what not.
The global lighting type is thanks to the Mod, I really don't know full control over that. I guess it would be up to Blizz, or someone else to make the shadows interact well with the light sources, since that doesn't happen in the game. It's sad.

Everything else is thought to look like this, I appreciate the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.