1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Jungle Race 2.01a

Submitted by pick-a-chew
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I am uploading this because a few people still play this sometimes, and there's no official place yet to download my mod.

This is a fairly old mod of Kolle's original jungle race that i infrequently update.

The aim of the game is simple and the game can be broken down as follows...

Aims:
- Be the first player to complete all of your laps.

Racers:
- At the start of each lap, you get a new random racer which probably has at least one or several abilities for you to use.
- Abilities usually cost mana but may damage, silence, slow, stun your enemies, causing them to get caught behind. Alternatively they might increase your speed or heal you, allowing you to finish your laps faster!
- When you reach the end of a lap area, your racer despawns, and you get a new racer in the next area.
- If your racer is killed by an enemy racer, you will get a new racer, but will start at the beginning of your current zone.
- There are 55 unique racers!

Evil Eye:
- Each player has a spellbook-style "Evil Eye"
- On Classic Mode, the Evil Eyes have Finger of Death, which allows you to kill any racer (including your own!) at the cost of 100 mana.
- Evil Eyes slowly regenerate mana, and gain mana when a racer finishes a lap, and some racers can even grant mana to Evil Eyes directly.
- On Advanced Mode, the Evil Eyes have several other abilities which enhance or hinder, such as Kill All (kills all racers) or Immortalize (makes your racer invulnerable).
- At the start of the game, evil eyes may be disabled by the host.

Although Warcraft 3 is very quiet, the minimum number of players i recommend is 5 to ensure there's enough interactions to keep the game interesting.

Happy Racing!

Keywords:
Jungle Race, Race, Random
Contents

Jungle Race 2.01a (Map)

Reviews
01:57, 8th Jun 2016 Shadow Fury: Almost ready for approval but set to needs fix nonetheless.
  1. Thedraes

Thedraes

Resources:
    Resources:
    i remember it from a long time ago, a very unique map that will always be one of my favorites 5/5

2. pick-a-chew

pick-a-chew

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated.

Versions 2.00a-2.01a (2017)
    CHANGES:
    - The game will now preload all racers and spells to prevent lagspikes for when things are loaded into the map for the first time.
    - The game continues even when first place has been claimed, the first place winner will be announced and their racer put on display at the finish line. The game will close when all racers have finished racing (This was added so that players can finish their race-off even if they are quite a bit behind the first place winner)
    - Units with minimal player colour (such as Evil Eyes and Zerglings) now have a generic Hero Glow attached to them to make it easier to tell who they belong to. Units with sufficient colour (such as racers with Hero models) do not have this change.
    RACERS:
    - Updated Piloted Shredder and Serena the Mutant to be able to transform into new and recently added racers.
    - Innocence now has 50 health (to prevent players from accidentally killing them with passive damage effects like Radiator upon spawn).
    - Worms now has 100 health.
    - Bloodlust (Lustybloods) now gives 55% movement speed (up from 40%).
    - Anti-Air now has Cloud (AoE silence/slow).
    - Poison Touch now has Abolish Magic (self-dispel).
    - Archimonde's Kill All has been replaced by Chain Death, and now has a new ability (Defiler - grants Eye mana if you kill an enemy).
    - Pulverizer no longer has Pulverize but now has Totem Slam (AoE stun/damage). He can still attack for 20 damage.
    - Power Up now gives 30 mana to all players.
    NEW RACERS:
    - Medivh; has Spell Absorption which changes into an ability when Medivh is targetted by one, and Mana Burn
    - Changeling: Turns into a new racer every 6 seconds (new racers have the Changeling ability)

FIXES:
    - Fixed Troll Ensnare Traps from not ensnaring enemies (bug introduced in 2.00a).

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Finishing a lap with Piloted Shredder will fail to give you a new racer after 0.5 seconds (and activates a back-up trigger to spawn a new racer after 5.0 seconds).
    - If you are Worms, and your Parasitize a racer finishing their final lap, you will become "lost". Temporary workaround: use "Sacrifice" from the Eye.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  3. Sirmarkis29

Sirmarkis29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Versions 2.00a-2.01a (2017) version! nicee :3
    :goblin_jawdrop::goblin_good_job: time to play some maps. :D

4. pick-a-chew

pick-a-chew

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just a quick update; a bug has been reported to me which crashes the game. I will look to update the map when i have time to.