• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I just need a basic Jump System much like the one of NOTD: Aftermath.

No effects or anything, just a simple, 500 range jump system, where you CANNOT jump to a higher elevation (ex. you are in shallow water, and you CANNOT jump up onto the nearby cliff).

I prefer triggers, instead of Jass, but if you can explain to me what to do, I'm sure Jass would work fine.

+REP and Credits will be given to whoever completes this system.

ALSO... Yes I have looked in the spells section, I tested 3 different jump systems, and none of them are what I'm looking for.

The ones you listed are good. Why don't you use them? I suggest Paladon's, he's a good triggerer. Just set the distance to 500 always, eg. if the destination is set as:
Set TargetPoint = Target Point of Ability Being Cast
change it to:
Set TargetPoint = Position of Triggering Unit Offset by 500 towards Facing Angle of Triggering Unit Degrees.

The ones you listed are good. Why don't you use them? I suggest Paladon's, he's a good triggerer. Just set the distance to 500 always, eg. if the destination is set as:
Set TargetPoint = Target Point of Ability Being Cast
change it to:
Set TargetPoint = Position of Triggering Unit Offset by 500 towards Facing Angle of Triggering Unit Degrees.

Level 33
In Paladon's Spell

• Set JDA_SpecialEffect = Abilities\Weapons\FaerieDragonMissile\FaerieDragonMissile.mdl
Remove this, if you want the jump without the effect
This is in Jump System 2 trigger

• Unit - Turn collision for JDA_Unit Off
Remove this to be able for the unit to stop jumping when it detects an impassable terrain, cliffs and stuffs
This is in Jump System 1 trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.