• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Join the Dominion Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
... Amazing! Blizzard really did not dissapoint. Althought that trailer was also pretty spoilerific, so I'm willing to bet that:
The last mission of the Wings of Liberty campaign takes place on Char

Level 17
Seriously? That has to be some of the worst dialogue I've ever seen in a Blizzard game, if B-Hollywood corny catch phrases are the standard for the game then Blizzard really fucked up on the writing.

The trailer was composed of random CG plot points that spoil the story for some, and are completely incomprehensible to others, while revealing nothing about the actual game except for the abysmal dialogue.

Not impressed at all, I'm sure the game will be great though.

Level 13
Lol, I had to download the movie, so I could watch it properly without lag. However, wasn't Kerrigan nigga black? Damn, Blizzard now sucks even more with these inconsistencies, like with Raynor wasn't enough.

No... Kerrigan has always been white...

Looks more of african race to me, maybe not purely black, but something like ex. Beyonce
116787-albums2035-picture32919.jpg

Level 19
Seriously? That has to be some of the worst dialogue I've ever seen in a Blizzard game, if B-Hollywood corny catch phrases are the standard for the game then Blizzard really fucked up on the writing.

The trailer was composed of random CG plot points that spoil the story for some, and are completely incomprehensible to others, while revealing nothing about the actual game except for the abysmal dialogue.

Not impressed at all, I'm sure the game will be great though.

The trailer caters to original StarCraft lore fans.

Looks more of african race to me, maybe not purely black, but something like ex. Beyonce
116787-albums2035-picture32919.jpg

She is pretty white. She seem to be sweating which might explain it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
They probably had problem creating a true european look since I think SC2 had restricted colour number and ontop of that the 2D portrait animations were probably subjected to high data restriction and mearcilless compression (not 256*256 pixels of high bitrate visualy tuned compression like youtube and all modern games use).

Thus I say it was more an art style and game restriction to make her look african. The real problem is her lips are african, her skin is asian and her face is south european, which probably is due to the art style they choose as other units do not look much better. However in the world of 32 bit colour technology, DX10 and HD media (aka now), they do not have any such restriction and any such art style would look shit so they had to take a more clear and relatable visual style for her.

Basically terrans from SC1 looked like humanoids who you would only find in SC1. Terrans from SC2 look like humans you will find on Earth. SC1 was an artistic interpretation of futre humans while SC2 is more like placing current humans into a futuristic universe.

I say this comes down to the makers of SC1 probably having worked on WC2 where art was even more restrictive. Having fewer restrictions they decided to try and do bolder stuff like animated human portraits however the people involved probably had little experience with graphics of this type, especially since a lot of SC1 graphics were probably pre rendered 3D graphics which would have been a completly forighen medium for the artists involved. Nowdays however after games like WC3 and WoW they probably have a lot of new artists or atleast improved artists when it comes to 3D and so they can more accuratly recreate humanoid features. Additionally they have technology not available at the time to make the process easier.

Level 6
Blizzard now sucks even more with these inconsistencies, like with Raynor wasn't enough.

I don't mind it. So they took Raynor and gave him hair instead of a shaven head like in the first game. I don't mind it. That's not a big enough retcon to bother me.

I think the biggest retcon that Blizzard ever did that really bothered me was what they did with the Trolls. They changed their look in WoW to make them seem leaner and more goofier instead of really buff and savage like they were from WC2 to WC3.

Level 6
I did notice this too.

"IT'S ABOUT TIME WE KICKED... THIS REVOLUTION.... INTO OVERDRIVE!!!"

Lol, yea those "Hollywood" catchphrases did make me role my eyes, but I won't let that bother me. Also, I'm sure the dialogue in the game will be fine as long as they don't overdo those corny catchphrases. Hopefully what we saw in the trailer was all of it. I still thought it was an awesome trailer though.

Level 1
Anyone else noticed that some parts looked like they were made partially in-engine? They might be clips from the dialogue between campaign maps.

Also, Zeratul apparently gets in a 1v1 duel against Kerigan.

Level 13
Status
Not open for further replies.