• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Job Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been workin on a new map that requires that the player reaches a certain level with a certain character before switching to a new one. So far i have how he can change to a new one by needing level but how can i do so that if the player chose to go back to the original unit it still kepts its level.

In example, Player 1 starts off with a level 1 knight he levels to a level 6 knight but then decides to switch to a mage. He doesnt like the mage so he decides to switch back to a knight. How can i do it so the knight will regain its level 6 status plus the abilities he had already chose for it.

Level 6
you might move the no longer needed unit assice, equaling the level with the one of the current unit once they are switched back.

You might do the switching by simply switching the positions of the 'moved asside' and the current hero. but you should change the owner of the 'moved asside' ones as well...

another way would be to store the level of the unit, replace it and then reset the level.
But this would only keep the level - so he can repick his/her abilities...

there are several other ways doing that es well, but it's late and i want to start mapping on my own map again, before going to bed. (even though i do not guess i can do much before falling asleep ;))

- Raszul

Level 1
thanks dude oh if i didnt explain it very well the only thing that is sorta like what i want is the Final Fantasy Tactics job thing. Which is really close to what i am doin.

Status
Not open for further replies.