• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] JASS tutorial for dialog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

Does anyone have a JASS tutorial for doing dialog/dialog buttons?

I've found the GUI ones but it's like deciphering hieroglyphs for me.

Specifically what is the standard way to do a dialog with n dialog buttons, each with their own unique outcome?

I saw in the GUI tutorial you had to have an event for each dialog button?

Suppose in order to open up the character menu you select your character and press the ESC key. This will open up some dialog menu. Do I then need just need a single trigger that is something like "Event - A dialog button is pressed?" and then just iterate through all the possible options, and do the appropriate actions?

Level 22
I think you can use the native constant native GetClickedButton takes nothing returns button for that.

Level 15
I think you can use the native constant native GetClickedButton takes nothing returns button for that.

Could I just get a snippet of JASS code that opens up a working dialog and would do something for each button pressed?

I'd just like the standard way people do dialog menus these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.