• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Jass) Refer to the group a unit is picked from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have the following method which contains a ForGroup call for the group 'enemies'...

JASS:
public method execute takes nothing returns nothing
        local group enemies = CreateGroup()
        call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(enemies, GetUnitX(this.ofTarget), GetUnitY(this.ofTarget), this.range, Condition(function s_task_eval_situation.cb_is_enemy))
        call SetStructA(enemies, this)
        call ForGroup(enemies, function s_task_eval_situation.cb_add_to_enemiesInRange)
        call GetStructA(enemies, true)
        call this.ts.execute_next()
endmethod

...in the callback function i would like to refer to the group 'enemies' (i marked it within the following method with [HERE])...

JASS:
static method cb_add_to_enemiesInRange takes nothing returns nothing
        local unit pickedUnit = GetEnumUnit()
        local s_task_eval_situation t = GetStructA([HERE], false)
        set t.enemiesInRange[t.eirIdx] = pickedUnit
        set t.eirIdx = t.eirIdx + 1
endmethod

Is there a way to refer to that group 'enemies'?

Thanks for any answers!
whisp

Level 21
Pass the group through a global variable (I see you're not using any wait actions so there's no problem in doing so), or use:

JASS:
local group g = ...
local unit u
loop
    set u = FirstOfGroup(g)
    exitwhen u == null
    call GroupRemoveUnit(g, u)
    Do stuff with u
endloop
// The group is empty after this function, so if you need to use it afterwards, make a copy of it.

If you go for the global variable, then you might as well just pass the struct through a variable rather than the group.

Level 3
Thanks for your answer. The problem is, that this callback most likely will be executed multiple times parallely (at least i assume it, i don't know a lot about the WC3 threading mechanisms). Thus i assume using a global variable could lead to wrong results...

But your Jass-Code works perfectly for my needs. Thanks!

Level 21
Thanks for your answer. The problem is, that this callback most likely will be executed multiple times parallely (at least i assume it, i don't know a lot about the WC3 threading mechanisms). Thus i assume using a global variable could lead to wrong results...

But your Jass-Code works perfectly for my needs. Thanks!

As I said, there won't be any problems if you don't use wait actions or timers. Jass is single threaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.