• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jass Custom Attribute System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I recently started to learn some Jass, and the system I'm trying to create is looking far too confusing for me. Basically, I need a system in which:
-Each of 3 Hero units have 4 custom attributes (the same 4 for all 3 heroes).
-Each hero has different formulas based on the 4 attributes to calculate defense, physical damage, skill damage etc.
-Armor absorbs an integer value of damage: (Damage = Damage - (Armor/2)). If anyone is interested in helping, or just giving me some tips, I can fill you in on more details. Thanks in advance.

Level 8
A very hard thing you are trying to do when you are learning Jass. I would recommend you to try to code some spells oder more easy systems than such a system, using formulas and damage modifications.
I would try to learn vJass, how to use structs, which would make such things you want to do a lot more readable and more easy.
There are enough tutorials here on hive, wc3c or other sites, that describe very good, how you can use structs and for what.

For the things you want to do, you need a damage detection system (which are all in vJass) and good knowledge of scripting in wc3 and the engine of wc3 itself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.