• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Japan relives dark past in MMORPGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banning?

Does this mean...no red moon rpg or king rpg anymore? THats major B-****! Those games where so fun...And I dont get why the "crime" is speaking english. Seriously, im not going to my freedom of speach arguement in the blackout forum, but i do think thats insane. Sometimes, there are people in other countries that speak other languages...like here there are people that speek as unique of languages as Georgian or as common as english and spanish. What the-!? Comon, not all us mean harm. We just want to give out, barter, or trade maps and such! :evil:

Ki

Ki

Level 7
We can always boycott their cars if they want to get into nationalism; that would sure knock the Japanese nationalists off their economic hill.

As far as I'm concerned, I speak American. Let's get some European feedback.

Level 9
Hmmm can i capture and starve a Japanese that done this, i dont really know what it is but...

And Americans do have a few different words then what Aussies do, same with the british is different too both Aussie and American.

Level 25
Techincally there's not a language called American, but there's a spelling called American. It uses "z" a lot and doesn't use "u" in certain words

Anywho, I'm gonna call this a shot in the foot. That is only going to hurt their playerbase. I can see a big company pulling this, but a small no name company? Yeah. As if that'll be useful

They'll be nationalistic, yes. But they'll also be poor

I say let them. Just get someone else to make a better MMORPG then their one, and watch as they regret the decision

But seriously, banning customers because of language? That is an entirely new level of stupid

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Let's look on positive side: maybe English speaking countries will become more intelligent if the Japanese decide to progress in what they are doing.

I have a dream. No person will play video games. The search of knowledge will be in the best interest of all English speaking countries.

Send a nuke or two on them? No, let them wallow in their own transcedence.

Level 2
So because a few japannesse are going to a witch hunt does that mean we are going to take it on all the japannesse??Lets not be ignorant and ignore this, it will go away.

Level 22
If American isnt a language, then why Scottish and Irish are? American is really different from english.

Instead of banning every1 that doesnt speak japanese, they could also start learning american :? :p Japan is the countrey with the fastest growing economy, so they must speak it later anywo, right?

I said dont go off-topic PLZ!!!!!!

I leaned a lot of Japanese just form watching subtitled movies and playing imported SNES RPGs.

. but then why do they ban english and american to? itsnt it good that they can learn from gaming to? (I really learned almost ALL of my american from warcraft III and Diablo II
)

Techincally there's not a language called American, but there's a spelling called American. It uses "z" a lot and doesn't use "u" in certain words

These are off-topic posts i found while posting this. I asked politly if we could keep on track with this topic.

Its called English. And plz dont go of topic from this...mearly a correction.

Look familier?

Btw, im looking up more info on this "ban" thing. My bro thinks it is just a rumor and such...and sounds almost like it. I understand that it happened to You VGsatomi, but it never happened ever to me (and I have been on japaneese servers since this was posted)
Do you, by any chance, have a site I could visit for more info on this?

Level 5
Hmm 5h1t maybe blizzard should ban all japanese players from their games...see how they like it.

Banning english speaking people is ridiculous and stupid. Its like removing people from the us beacuse they eat different types of food other then american... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Level 4
Isnt that kind of wrong to because american food makes you heavy? meh im just saying jibberish.
An agressive attitude toward this racist kind of action is not going to get any acceptable response, altough i doubt that they'll be open for any serious dialogue to begin with.

Level 13
Sorry Monkey-Master, but I'm getting sick if I read bullshit like that. Yeah, a small group of idiots in Japan did something stupid. So what? Why, fffs, should Blizzard punish some japanese gamers that had nothin' to do with that action. Hey, I'm very sure that most japanese players don't like that action, too, because they lost some friends, clanmates, whatever. And to the one saying we should fire some nukes over there: Sure, we nuke Japan because some people there are idiots. Know what, I have a much better idea: Why not nuking the whole world, I'm sure there enough idiots EVERYWHERE in the world so such an action would be justified.

First thinking, then posting... :roll:

Level 5
so, the Japanese branch decides to go all out and ban people? ok, well f*ck that... play on the Taiwanese or others... don't play on the Japanese, let them learn.... but violence or angery response is no good....
btw, Taiwan has english as a part of their schooling like in Japan.... so english is ok dudes.... I like Taiwan... homeland.... but I dunno if going back is good.... I mean it is too crowded nowadays...

just be cool, every little thing is gonn be alright....

personally I'd like to see all the Japanese RPG characters that support the anti-foreigner policy fight the REST OF THE RPG WORLD.... it would be fun, and symbolic.... isolate and be a jerk, you'll be taught a lesson eventually.... history and nature has taught us that adapt or you won't survive.... and being ultra-nationalist and racist isn't good

Level 3
hmm if u think about it could be because their history of many bad things which then it brought to rose online you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.