• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jaina's Trubles (Part1)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a weake Cinimatic with Jaina having a bad day

Keywords:
Jaina,bad,day
Contents

Jaina's Trubles (Part1) (Map)

Reviews
18:48, 10th May 2009 Rui: Do not submit low-quality maps. "Unknown" authors are not allowed. Rejected. Use the Update button (located above the map name) to upload a new version.

M

18:48, 10th May 2009
Rui:
Do not submit low-quality maps.
"Unknown" authors are not allowed.

Rejected. Use the Update button (located above the map name) to upload a new version.

+Positive+
/
#Neutral#
some sounds
trouble, not truble
story?

-Negative-
you can see the edges of the map
boring terrain
too short sight range (disable fog of war)
almost no usage of camera
very short
no music

1.5/5 :thumbs_down:
Unacceptable/Lacking

Not a very funny/exciting cinematic.
You should really read tutorials, or learn to do better cinematics on your own,
to improve your second cinematic (if you're going to do it).
Also, you have to work more with cameras.
And try that your sounds fits. For now, I'll rate it 1/5 (Unacceptable).
Change the things I've mentioned above, and my rating and your map will be better.

Level 17
Note: The following review contains spoilers.

Jaina's Tubles (Part1) is a cinematic that follows a group of heroes following the death of Jaina's father.

The terrain was terribly done, with very little doodad, tile, or height variation. The camera work was also done terribly. It would often stay in uninteresting positions for a good portion of the cinematic (which was quite short). The storyline didn't seem to make sense in the least bit. The four heroes go off to 'party', until Jaina dies randomly afterwards.

There were many spelling and grammatical errors. Combined with the terrible dialogue, made the cinematic's presentation very, very dull.

Rating: 1.0 and not recommended for approval

My recommendations:

Re-create the cinematic from the ground-up, with a meaningful plot.
Read a few tutorials on cinematic development.
Practice your terrain skills; they definitely need to be worked on.

Level 31
Since they explain most of it, I would explain another few reason why it was unacceptable.

1) No proper description at this site (Breaking the site rules).
2) No proper author name (Breaking the site rules).
3) Poorly develop scripting/triggering with the lack of all basic setup. For those who view this map, don't be suprise to see a ray of lights when the scenario daytime was at night.