• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jaina

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I was looking for a way to have a younger male wizard... so I edited and retextured the Jaina Hero model.

I have not had any issues with the model and it is visible in my world editor and still has all of Jaina's animations. I have set the scale to [1.20] in my projects as it seems to look better when standing next to other heroes.

Programs used:
Photoshop 7
Warcraft 3 Model Editor
Warcraft 3 Viewer

This male version has a custom skin "Eamon.blp" Use the following paths:
Eamon.mdx
Eamon_portrait.mdx
Eamon.blp

I have selfishly named the model after my own internet avatar. I hope you all enjoy.

-Eamon

Keywords:
jaina, hero, wizard, mage, human, male
Contents

Jaina (Model)

Jaina (Model)

Assets
Reviews
06:58, 17th Oct 2008 General Frank: Besides it really look ridiculous, the model consists of too less edits than it should have. It's basic a skin and nothing much more. Sorry, to say, but I have to reject this one.

M

06:58, 17th Oct 2008
General Frank:

Besides it really look ridiculous, the model consists of too less edits than it should have. It's basic a skin and nothing much more.
Sorry, to say, but I have to reject this one.

Level 2
Cut from the same mold as the fugly bird... just kidding... do you not like the modeling or the idea of the sex change?

I am sort of new to this (as in Sep this year) so if you have suggestions I am all ears. Surgery never was my strong suite (sorry). :)

as too a shave... anyone can make a new skins for this... but it is something I will think about.

-Eamon

Level 2
Well... please know that I am taking everything you are saying as great criticism.

Thank you all !

So here is the thing, I have been makeing 3D models on and off for several years now... but don't ever work with anything will this low of a poly-count. Also I use lightwave 3D and right now am working out how best to get stuff into WC3 from there. Until I figure out a good workflow from lightwave... I can only use models from the game and edit them with War3 Model Editor.

I will take another shot at this once I read through some more tutorials... I just bought MilkShape 3D so I can do some converting... but I am more of a modeler than an animator and only a moderate texturer (even being nice to myself)

Again, thank you for giving me a nice honest look at this first attempt...

I will be back after these messages...

-Eamon