• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jaina.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
-----------------Read-----------------

Hi guys , i saw that you didn't liked the other one,so i worded a lot and i transformed her in an ice mage...Story:
------†------†------†------†-----
She dreamed since she was little to become an ice mage, but one day because of the wars in Northland,she had to learn all the chants and learn to summon Elementals ice ...
------†------†------†------†-----
Hope you liked the story(even if it was short),i worked 1/2h to it....

Keywords:
jaina ,ice,element,elemental,mage,icy,cristal,axe,lotr,star,cape,archangel,girl
Contents

Icy----Jaina----Icy (Texture)

Reviews
15:10, 15th Feb 2011 67chrome: I'm rejecting this one permenently as you uploaded this skin twice. If you are going to update it update the skin you previously submitted, don't keep uploading it as a different file. Anyways, this needs a lot more...

M

15:10, 15th Feb 2011
67chrome: I'm rejecting this one permenently as you uploaded this skin twice. If you are going to update it update the skin you previously submitted, don't keep uploading it as a different file.

Anyways, this needs a lot more work before it will get to an approve able state, I'd recommend you refine your art skills more and practice, practice, practice. Also, check out the 2D tutorials on this site, they have a lot of tips on what tools to use for what effects, how to accomplish certain looks, and what free tools to download at this site and how to use them. If you want more feedback on this skin with minor updates I'd recommend opening a thread in the 2D art forums, this section is only meant for finished works while the forum is not.

K. first things first. Photoshop smudge for special star effects is a no no. Many people have done it and it looks absolutely horrible. Never do it again. Smudging is good for blending effects. and basically nothing more. another thing, don't use single colored lines. especially if you aren't able to do straight ones. It makes the skin look all around childish and is completely unacceptable.
TUTORIALS! USE THEM! its what they're there for. to teach beginners like you how to do basic shading and highlighting to make the skin have a more realistic feel.
Learn how to shade properly. you're current techniques look actually quite lame and childish and no one wants to see lame and childish skins.
Lasty, don't come to the skin resource section for feedback. all you will get is megatroll'd. Use the 2D art forum to get proper feedback. please try again when your ready. at this state this will not ever be approved. so don't get angry when its rejected. Best of luck!

~Dentothor

Level 9
Horrible english. Ouch half an hour is a really long time for 12 words. What is the sense of drawing an axe on a ice mage's cape? I don't like the shading and it looks a bit blurry, the skin seems so monotonic and dead. You need to work a lot. 2/5

.. now for some better criticism :>
It looks a little better, but you used smudge, which isn't exactly good.. you should focus in giving details, highlights and shading with a simple brush.

and speakin' of shading and highlights, this picture is rather.. devoid of 'em..

AHHEmmherm
*chough*exactly what I said*cough*