• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Izal-shurah Ruins RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Izal-Shurah Ruins
By Athoar

http://isruinsmap.wordpress.com/
-Official blog of Izal-Shurah Ruins RPG.-

]=== 1. Map concept ===[

Izal-shurah Ruins is a RPG map based on a dungeon, where the players have to choose a hero and travel across the ruins of an old temple, fighting hordes of enemies, killing bosses and resolving quests.

This map contains all classic things of a RPG. Variety of heroes (all of them with their own spells), bosses, items, events...

]=== 2. Story ===[

First of all, I must say that I know the story is not very original. I made it because a coment on the map, here at the hive.

Izal-shurah was an old city-temple located on an island lost in the ocean. It was inhabited by the Zu'ul, a forgotten culture. The legend tell that it was a prosperous city, but one day, the sea beasts begin to attack the place, apparently without a reason. The culture fell.

When the ancients came to the world, they found the ruins of Izal-shurah.
The ancients are spirits that represent things, like the lore, the war, the nature... They saw the lost splendour of the city, and to honour their old inhabitants, they expulsed the beasts with the help of a few mortals, called since that battle the champions of the Ancients. The warriors died and the ancients lived in peace in Izal-shurah...

But one day, they returned. The beasts invaded the city again and enchained the ancients with dark magics. It seems that there was something behind the attack. Something dark...

The Ancient of Lore could use his magic to summon four lost souls of legendary heroes from the past, and he told them about the attack.

They were the last hope of the ancients... because if the ancients die... the world will die with them.

]=== 3. Classes ===[

Tyr, the Viking Warrior: a tank hero. He has some useful spells to cause area damage and single target damage. Also, he can use the powers of the nordic god Thor to improve his power.

Icarus, the Forest Spirit: caster damage dealer and healer. Also, he can restore mana of a party member, and he has got crowd control.

Akros Windwalker, the Wind Archer: ranged damage dealer. Great crowd control and area damage. Also, this hero has a great survival.

Ode, the Monk: ranged damage dealer. He has few spells to survive (like reincarnation or blink), and also he can do a good damage.

Norts the Retributor, the Battle Priest: the classic healer. He can heal his friends or give them an armor or mana regeneration bonus. He has also crowd control and a final offensive spell.

Thunderwrath, the Lightning Elemental: caster hero based on lightning spells. He has a lot of offensive spells (single target abilities and multi-target abilities), but hasn't got deffensive ones.

Darkhole, the Sword Dancer: melee damage dealer or "low quality" tank. He has got great area abilities, but hasn't very good single target skills.

Ithia Proudmoore, the Sorceress: balanced hero with area spells, a summon, crowd control... A good hero to have in your team.

]=== 4. Screenshots ===[

izals1rf7.jpg

izals2tf8.jpg

izals3qr0.jpg

izals4hy3.jpg

izals5mm1.jpg

izals6ub0.jpg

izals7qd8.jpg

]=== 5. ISR Blog ===[

Since I started working in 2.0 version, with new heros, zones, bosses, items...etc, I was writing my progress and ideas in a Wordpress blog. You can see it here: http://isruinsmap.wordpress.com/.

In this blog, you will see detailed explanations of all things that I add to the map.

]=== 6. Credits ===[

donut3.5 [Skeleton King model]

dickxunder [Lord of the Tides model]

jigrael [Lightning Elemental model]

General Frank [Sorceress model, Sword Dancer model]

Norinrad [Battle Priest model]

Dark Hunter1357 [Forest Spirit model]

R.A.N.G.I.T. [Wind Archer model]

Olofmoleman [Viking Warrior model]

Tiki [Monk model]

Thanks!

Status