• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iudicium

Reactions: deepstrasz
Iudicium - Sword of Judgement

I wanted to make something less basic than my average uploads.
It is a two-handed sword made to fit the villager model. Feel free to resize and position as you like.

y7nPVey.png

Keywords:
Sword
Contents

Iudicium (Model)

Reviews
23:36, 25th Oct 2013 HappyTauren: Simply well made and useful.

M

23:36, 25th Oct 2013
HappyTauren: Simply well made and useful.

Sunchips, you make so many attachments!:goblin_jawdrop:

As usual, pretty much average in quality, but certainly can be useful and although it seems lacking in the preview it has plenty enough detail for use as an attachment in-game. I will say it does look better than most of your others, but at the same time it also has a higher file size than them, so while it gains the benefit of quality it forfeits the benefit of the usual tiny file size. In the end, it's still pretty much average compared to the attachments we have around here these days.

3/5.

I urge you to spend more time on wrap and selection of textures to make your models look more detailed. You've made more attachments than I can count, with your models starting four years ago; back then decent attachment models were pretty rare, and I loved your work long before I started making attachments of my own. However, over the years new people have started making attachments, some incredible attachments, while the ones you're releasing right now look exactly the same as the ones you were pumping out when you first started 4 years ago. Four years ago we were in need of those sorts of attachments, but at this point we've got quite a few basic swords to choose from.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diss you or anything, you were one of my favorite modelers and were a large part of the inspiration for me to start making attachments, but at this point you need to kick it up and stop making basic equipment models and start making some unique items, we've got a lot of basic swords already. You went through a period where you were making some pretty awesome looking unique items as well as sets, but it seems like you've reverted back to the simple basic swords that you started out with.

Level 30
Sunchips, you make so many attachments!:goblin_jawdrop:

As usual, pretty much average in quality, but certainly can be useful and although it seems lacking in the preview it has plenty enough detail for use as an attachment in-game. I will say it does look better than most of your others, but at the same time it also has a higher file size than them, so while it gains the benefit of quality it forfeits the benefit of the usual tiny file size. In the end, it's still pretty much average compared to the attachments we have around here these days.

3/5.

I urge you to spend more time on wrap and selection of textures to make your models look more detailed. You've made more attachments than I can count, with your models starting four years ago; back then decent attachment models were pretty rare, and I loved your work long before I started making attachments of my own. However, over the years new people have started making attachments, some incredible attachments, while the ones you're releasing right now look exactly the same as the ones you were pumping out when you first started 4 years ago. Four years ago we were in need of those sorts of attachments, but at this point we've got quite a few basic swords to choose from.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diss you or anything, you were one of my favorite modelers and were a large part of the inspiration for me to start making attachments, but at this point you need to kick it up and stop making basic equipment models and start making some unique items, we've got a lot of basic swords already. You went through a period where you were making some pretty awesome looking unique items as well as sets, but it seems like you've reverted back to the simple basic swords that you started out with.

I love doing simple stuff just because I'm not commited enough to put more time into my work. I have made only one unit model and I know I can do such fantastic things, I have actually started several cool unit model projects that I have never had time to finish.

All the models I do nowadays, I make in 15-60 minutes. I'm not working on a map of my own anymore so therefore I don't feel like putting so much time into modelling anymore. I only make models to upload for you people out there now :)