• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Itty Bitty Attatchment Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm using the Arch-Doomgaurd model, and in an ability, I want to give him a fiery effect on his head and hands, so I attatched to the fire effect he has for a permanent immolation varient (Unit, Nutreal Hostile 2 to be exact) and added:

Art- Target= Building Damage- Human Large <Target>, Building Damage- Orc Large <Target>
Art- Target Attatchment Point 1= head
Art- Target Attatchment Point 2= hand, right
Art- Target Attatchment Point 3= hand, left
Art- Target Attatchments= 3

For some reason, the desired fiery effect is not assitained from ingame tests. As I had it working on a similar unit based off sphere last time I unleased it (before my hard drive whiped itself and I had to start from scratch,) Why not now?

Level 5
I added it to the footman (of course) and even changed the Art-Target to see if the effect was incompatible. Neither time got it to work.

Level 5
I figured out a way to do it, though it was a little more then I wanted.

1- it seems immolation is a filler icon (so to speak) for the buff where all the attatchments
2- even though I tried a sphere-based ability earlier, and it didn't work, it finally decided to work today, so basicly, I got the effect I wanted finally

:hohum: Thanks for the help though, Thrik

Status
Not open for further replies.