• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Hero - Target Art problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there, i have been working almost constantly on my own custom army for Warcraft 3 (with frozen throne expansion) for a while now, tweaking and adding units.

I have just added a 9th Hero to my Alter list (giving me choice on which 4 to take during battle)

The Hero- type undead. is effectively a living bulding filled with dark magics. and has 4 auras, all of which effect enemies in range, slow/ reducing attack speed/ lowering attack damage and damage over time. Which all work Great.

However, the unit model i am using is the Dalaran Tower (alt type 1, or something similar) from the Doodads list.

All i want to know is, does anybody know how to add art targets to this unit.

(I want to add things like Vampiric Aura art, or Trueshot Aura art) around the Hero, for each of its auras, showing that each one is active, but i dont seem to be able to find the correct target points

(Origin, head, overhead and base) dont work.

Is it possible to add the art, without use of triggers? perhaps someone knows the exact target points for Doodads. or i can add one in game constants.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rex

Level 1
Hi, thanks for that. Isn't there a single attachment point on any doodad?? seems silly to me but there we go.

I may have to change the model then for something that does have attachments.

Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.