• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Items adding projectiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to figure out how to make it so when a unit picks up an item, it adds a ranged attack with a projectile, (i.e picking up an item with a machine gun attachment, and making it shoot) which is what im doing, The unit picks up item, it adds machine gun model to hand, and adds a ranged attack and projectile. But i cant figure out how to do it right! If someone could post a tutorial or link to another thread that'd be cool, thnx! :D

Level 8
add a trigger which replaces the unit with a ranged one when picking up the item
then you need to add an ability to the item (e.g. Devoution Aura (item)) and change the effect to the weapon model

Level 12
as my little annoying cousin said "make it based on orb" it gives ranged attack, and than change the projectil, and give attachment to the unit with the gun model on left or right hand ...

Status
Not open for further replies.