• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projectile and sound change with attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For my map when an unarmed unit picks up an item they are armed with a gun if they drop the item they lose the gun there are multiple guns. My gola is to make each of them have different projectiles and sounds but i have no idea how.

Is there any way to make sounds and projectiles interchangeable like the attachment on the same unit.?

Level 6
For my map when an unarmed unit picks up an item they are armed with a gun if they drop the item they lose the gun there are multiple guns. My gola is to make each of them have different projectiles and sounds but i have no idea how.

Is there any way to make sounds and projectiles interchangeable like the attachment on the same unit.?

Have the item have a spell like that of the orbs.
Overwrite the sound effects with the ones you want it to make (such as metal heavy bash)

Level 19
you need orbs for that
for example orb of fire changes projectile to fireball
For sounds I suggest you to not use attack sounds like metal slice
Edit projectiles and add them hit sound or use projectiles with hit sounds included (like all of em o_O)

Level 3
is there any way to get my hands on the regular marine attack sound?
and can i add the orb effect to an item that alredy has an effect (it equips a rifle)?

Level 19
1- Yes, you can find that sound's path and make your missle use that when its created
Or you can trigger it to play that sound
2- Sure, just make sure the ability gives rifle model attachment isnt an orb
Or you can just make that orb give riffle attachment instead of ability you use

Status
Not open for further replies.