• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

item/trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
so im trying to make something in my map where the unit has a full inventory of the 6 items when i pick up the 7th i want it to turn into 1 item but i cannot pick up the 7th says inventory is full do i need to use items that are like tombs and use triggers to create them into the inventory?.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
do i need to use items that are like tombs and use triggers to create them into the inventory?.
That is one way to solving the problem. If you can still order pickup when inventory is full then you could detect the order with an event, but I forget the behaviour of that in WC3.

If you do go with the tome item approach do remember that consumed on pickup items still need to be removed with triggers as it only kills them automatically and items never decay. If you are willing to do away with item names you could use a single consume on pickup item as a dummy for all items.

You might also want to consider lowering the recipe to only need 6 items instead of 7 as that number is far more compatible with the way Warcraft III works.

Level 15
use item detection system, when a player drop an item, make a copy of that item in a powerup form (tome etc but without stat), that will again be detected from the trigger editor to do something. There are many conditions, dummy powerups to do from here so it is definitely a system and tedious to execute therefore you should use the easier method which is detect unit order. (This has a bug of always spamming inventory is full to players ;p)

Status
Not open for further replies.