• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Slot Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a way to tag items with a "type" so that you can use triggers to prevent a unit from having 2 of the same type equipped? By type I mean something like:

Weapon
Armor
Boots
Offhand
Jewelry
Helmet

Use custom values, like weapons have custom value 1, armor 2, boots 3... (but you'll need biger values i think)

So then you make triggers:

You need if/then/else to check for custom value of item
Condition(integer)
Check for custom value and if the hero allready have such item (with same custom value in it's invertory)

So if it have, make a message/drop item/do what you wish...

Duno that comes to my head a.t.m, hope it helps =)

~Berz

Level 16
Or you can use ''Miscellaneous'', ''Campaign'', ''Charged'', ''Permanent'', ''Power Up'' and ''Purchasable''. You wull also have one free 'category. ''Artifact''.

Note that ''passive'' items can go to category ''Power Up'' and ''Charged''. Item category doesn't change anything.

Just use ''Item Class Comparison'' to check item category.

59986d1247037406-item-slot-tags-mudkip.jpg

In screenshot:

Permanent = Boots
Charged = Armor
Power Up = Jewellery
Purchasable = Shield
Campaign = Helmet
Miscellaneous = Weapon
Artifact = Misc

Attachments

• MUDKIP.JPG
    MUDKIP.JPG