• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Only one Item-Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello everyone

Im trying to make a system that decect when unit allready have item of that type. ( You can carry only 1 sword lets say ).
Permanent = Weapon
Charged = Offhand
Artifact = Head
Purchaseable = Chest
Campaing = Special

Anyone can give me a example on 1 item type? so i can make make rest of triggers i just dont know how to start

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
              • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Actions here --------
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions

Level 10
If I understood correctly you don't want unit to has more than 1 item of given type., if so that should help you.

Not exactly, lets say There are 5 swords. Unit can carr maximum one sword at time

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
              • (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Actions here --------
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions

Any chance you upload me a demo map? I dont understand this

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)

Use a Player Group variable (Create in the Variable Editor, Ctrl + B), with a name of e.g. "Group1".
  • Set Group1 = (Player Group(Triggering player))
When you are going to set its value, from the field with the preset functions, scroll to Convert Player Group to Player.
Final output would be something like this:
  • Set Group1 = (Player Group(Triggering player))
  • Game - Display to Group1 the text "You already carry an item of this type."..
  • Custom script: call DestroyForce (udg_Group1)

Status
Not open for further replies.