• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Recipe In Specific Slot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi!
I am going to make recipes to a map, i know 1 way, but it will make it unable to make others.
Example: Recipe 1: Need boots, sword. Recipe 2: Need boots, sword, axe. This will make to recipe 1 when you want 2. (and to make it that you need recipe 1 and a axe for example font fit/match to the map)

Anyone have any idea cause i've tried but i don't get it right.

Level 9
Hi!
I am going to make recipes to a map, i know 1 way, but it will make it unable to make others.
Example: Recipe 1: Need boots, sword. Recipe 2: Need boots, sword, axe. This will make to recipe 1 when you want 2. (and to make it that you need recipe 1 and a axe for example font fit/match to the map)

Anyone have any idea cause i've tried but i don't get it right.

Steaked meat, i'll make a recipe system later, after i finish my Switch system. The system will be one of a kind (make that two of a kind) DotA like, without any "Inventory is full" :)

SteakedMeat said:
Recipe 1: Need boots, sword. Recipe 2: Need boots, sword, axe. This will make to recipe 1 when you want 2. (and to make it that you need recipe 1 and a axe for example font fit/match to the map)
If you don't have Recipe 1 in your inventory and you have all the materials along with Recipe 2, I don't get it why shouldn't it work.

Level 4
well i can take more examples if you want...
Recipe1: sword, axe
Recipe2: sword, axe, cleaver
Recipe3: sword, cleaver
Recipe4: axe, cleaver
Recipe5: sword, axe, cleaver, magic stone
Recipe6: magic stone, sword
Recipe7: magic stone, axe
Recipe8: magic stone, cleaver

This ain't recipes i use but just examples, but this will kinda make it impossible to make Recipe 5 and Recipe 2, try to get it right.

That's the why i want specific slot recipe.

Well, you can check what slot the item is on then.
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item baing manipulated)) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • For each (IntegerA) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (IntegerA)) Equal to Recipe X //Item-type comparison
          • Then - Actions
            • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
            • //Bla bla
          • Else - Actions

Level 9
Erm ok, thanks, i'll try that =D

Or you can have a ability Craft (ect.). When you cast it, triggers will check what recepies you have items for and if you got items for recepies 1 and 2 but 2 is more advanced it will take that. Or if there's a conflict like that, (multiple options) it could show a dialog and ask "Make Item1 or Item2? or Cancel"

Or then you could have the Recepie Scrolls or something that are unique to each repecie, so no conflicts. The last and most clear system would be to make a spellbook complex with an ability for every recepie. When you click it, triggers will check whetever or not you have the required items. (this spell book thing could be used through a neutral vendor unit so no need to waste order ids and ability slots of the heroes.)

Options are plenty, choose what seems best or try them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.