• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Description Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Im making a map, with a lot of items just like Defense of the Ancients. (DOTA)

But the items in the game has no description and looks plainly boring.
If anybody has an idea or description for the following items I will list here.
I would thank them much and give them credits in the map. :)

1. Lightweight Gloves
- The gloves used by former UFC light heavy weight champion Sean Sherk.
2. Walking Boots
- A natural pair of boots used by those who do exercises.
3. Gauntlets of Power
- These gauntlets enhance your power, strength, and push your body to its limits.
4. Slippers of Dexterity
- A pair of slippers which make you more agile, and gives you a more soft feeling, thus having great flexibility and dexterity.
5. Mantle of Knowledge
- A must have mantle for learners! This makes you more intelligent and more knowledgeable, and combined with studying, you'll slowly become very intellectual.
6. Goldenbush Branch
- A golden version of the famous Ironwood Branch, can be used to gain some power, speed, and some knowledge. This is very useful to those who are still in-training.
7. Belt of Dragon Strength
- A belt made from the skin of a dragon which had to be killed by hundreds of warriors.
8. Boots of Treantskin
- Boots crafted from the skin of ancient treants who guard the nature.
9. Robe of Necromancy
- The robe of evil necromancers which were said to be able to revive dead bodies, skeletons, and other types of undead.
10. Circlet of Humbleness
- Blessed by the most pure, of saints, this circlet has acquired the possessed trait of the most pure saint.
11. Dragon Axe
- A very powerful war axe which can only be used by mighty people. This axe is capable of defeating dragons, and feral beasts.
12. Blade of Eagerness (No definition yet)
13. Staff of Wisdom (No definition yet)
14. Extreme Orb
- Only the most extreme, among the extreme may wear this, like those of stuntmans, and maniacs.
15. Ring of Renewal
- This ring refreshes your body and spirit. This renews you, it makes you better than before, and at top notch condition.
16. Dodge Talisman
- This talisman helps you evade the most precise attacks dealt upon you.
17. Claws of Attack
- These pairs of claws were used a thousand years ago, until now, they're still being used by warriors who do not have a weapon.
18. Crystal Sword
- A sharp, luminous sword capable of cutting even the most reinforced enemies.
19. Winter Staff
- This staff must only be used when it's summer. Using this staff during cold seasons make it more chilly, because of its icy aura.
20. Groundless
- A sword used by those who want to feel as if they're flying, because this sword makes you feel that there's no ground at all
21. Ring of the Guardians
- The ring used by those who guard sanctuaries, and heavens. This makes you stronger, as you are guided by those sacred guardians.
22. Wooden Shield
- Most knights, and swordsmen use this for practicing swordart.
23. Sea Lance
- An ancient lance which was first found by pirates after their wild adventures. This lance is said to be in pair with Poseidon's trident of the seas.
24. Golden Hammer
- This hammer can hurt and be sold as well for a huge amount of currency.
25. Helm of Golden Will
- This makes your will like that of gold, and makes good defense for your head, avoiding concussions, and injuries.
26. Heaven's Edge (No Definition Yet)
27. Hawkclaw
- A very well made bow which came from the skin and body parts of caught hawks.
28. Blade of Divinity (No Definition Yet)
29. Rapid Amulet
- This amulet makes your typing skills as fast as your hack-and-slashing skills.
30. Ring of Life
- This ring makes you more lively, and more healthy. You still have to eat vegetables, and fruits though.
31. Magic Stone
- A magnificent stone which grants you the power to cast powerful spells. It also makes your voodoo arts, necromancy, and sorcery more powerful.
32. Spell Booster
- This increases the power, and effects of your spells. It makes your spells even more powerful than before, which makes this item very important to those who value magic.
33. Skill Booster
- Another type of booster, which makes the skillful more skilled, and the unskilled, skillful.
34. Vigor Booster
- This helps enhance the power of your body, and some other body parts. It increases your strength capabilities too.
35. Phantom Staff
- A staff which is haunted by malignant ghosts, who once wielded it. Rumors say that those ghosts were the ones who first used powerful sorcery, and necromancy.
36. Desertwalker's Cloak
- This cloak not only protects you from heat, but it also makes you more agile, and more flexible.
37. Osmundo's Reaver
- An ancient waraxe used by the not so famous guy named Osmundo. Rumors are that he was a human-orc hybrid.

thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Level 11
just the descriptions. Even just a simple sentence for the item would be ok ;)

Level 11
my english is just alright. All I need is item descriptions, which I certainly have no idea of. :)

Level 16
Running Boots: Increase your movement speed. May cause strained muscles. Use with care.
Boxing Gloves: What the hell is this item supposed to do? Please give a brief explanation on items whose effects are too vague to pick up from their names.

Level 11
You just have to give the description of the item. xD dont mind the effects that it will give, Either way, thanks to the ideas, +rep :)

I had an idea for Dictionnary : The Dictionnary's Definition :)

1. a book, optical disc, mobile device, or online lexical resource containing a selection of the words of a language, giving information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, derived forms, etc., expressed in either the same or another language; lexicon; glossary. Print dictionaries of various sizes, ranging from small pocket dictionaries to multivolume books, usually sort entries alphabetically, as do typical CD or DVD dictionary applications, allowing one to browse through the terms in sequence. All electronic dictionaries, whether online or installed on a device, can provide immediate, direct access to a search term, its meanings, and ancillary information: an unabridged dictionary of English; a Japanese-English dictionary.

Level 11
it is too long. Maybe shorten it up a bit. At least 1 or 2 sentences I guess. :)

Dictionnary : Dictionnary : 1. A book containing a selection of the words of a language, giving information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, derived forms, etc., expressed in either the same or another language; lexicon; glossary. Print dictionaries of various sizes, ranging from small pocket dictionaries to multivolume books, usually sort entries alphabetically.

Level 11
it still looks long. I would just take the 1st sentence. Anyway, Thanks, and + rep when I am able to ;)

Level 8
Well here's my descriptions for the items...
Like in DotA, there's a Lulzz descript at the bottom... ^^
If you gave some pics then this would be better..

3.Spell Mask
-An eerie mask enchanted with arcane magic said to have magical properties.
4.Mask of Death
-A masked carved out of a fallen demon.
5.Weights
-A pair of heavy iron worn by squires and knights alike in their training.
6.Slippers
-Crafted from strands of Elvish silk that never wear out.
7.Notebook
-A book of 100 pages made of pressed oakwood which can be used for writing down the spell which you always forget.
8.Pencil
-A clever instrument with a granite tip which can be used for writing as well as for poking.
9.Dumbbell
-A heavy weight which buffs you up.
10.Sandals
-Hand-made sandals of Pandaria.
11.Book
-A magically book which contains what the reader seeks.
12.Ballpen
-A writing instrument with a ball-tipped point which spews out squid ink
13.Barbell
-_-'
14.Wristband/Baller
-_-'
16.Converse
-Cool footwear used by rockers and popsters
17.Soul Talisman
-An ancient relic containing the souls of the fallen warriors of the First War
18. Wraith Band
-An ancient artifact used by a great paladin to entrap the Wraiths of Northrend

Level 16
God Cyophoenix-that's rather uncreative

Anyway
Death Mask - A mask formerly worn by a toothless vampire. Legends said that he need it to drink blood.
Ballpen - It's mightier than a swords. And it's blunt-clerics can use it without breaking their oath to not spill blood.

Level 11
Thank you for the Ideas! I might give more items later. +rep to both of you
Ill give dead man walking as soon as I can. Thanks again. This is a big help for my map ;)

Level 13
A book containing a selection of the words of a language, giving information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, derived forms, etc.,

you better shorten that to this:
A book containing meanings and pronunciations for a large selection of words of a language.

i'll add some stuff.

9.Dumbbell
A metal weight which is lifted repeatedly from a sitting position to train the arms for increased strength.
10.Sandals
Shoes that are open, leaving most of the foot exposed. A good choice to show off your toes or to go without socks.
11.Book
The tool of a scholar.
13.Barbell
A metal weight which is lifted repeatedly from a lying position to train the arms and chest for increased strength.

Level 9
Book - Danger: Read in a safe place and a well ventilated area, may cause unwanted sleepiness.

Dumbbell - It will make you look stupid, but it keeps you buff.

Barbell - Don't try to ring it. It won't serve you drinks.

Wristband - A small minature band on your very wrist!

Ballpen - Warning: Please do not make it bounce, it will just spray ink.

Last edited:
Level 11
thank you for all your effort trying to give ideas. Unfortunately I wont use some of the Item's here because I have replaced them with a different one. I shall put the list of the updated items some time later.

Anyway. +rep for trying to help.

Level 12
Lightweight Gloves - The gloves used by former UFC light heavy weight champion Sean Sherk. Beware of getting jumped by UFC fighters whenever you are wearing this glove.
Walking Boots - A natural pair of boots used by those who do exercises. Take care of these boots, or it might go and walk on its own.
Goldenbush Branch - A golden version of the famous Ironwood Branch, can be used to gain some power, speed, and some knowledge. Beware of thieves, they would steal this when they get some chance to.
Belt of Dragon Strength - A belt made from the skin of a dragon which had to be killed by hundreds of warriors. Take care, it might go belch fire and burn you while you're wearing it.
Boots of Treantskin - Boots crafted from the skin of ancient treants who guard the nature. It makes treants follow you around, so be ready, an army of treants are approaching.
Circlet of Humbleness - Blessed by the most pure, of saints, this circlet has acquired the possessed trait of the most pure saint. Even though it's blessed, it doesn't guarantee that the blessing will affect you, it only affects the one who blessed it.
Extreme Orb - Only the most extreme, among the extreme may wear this, like those of stuntmans, and maniacs. This makes you more extreme, and insane if you wear this. Get ready to jump off buildings, and possibly die from doing so.
Dodge Talisman - This talisman helps you evade the most precise attacks dealt upon you. You have to move in order to use this. Just standing there won't help you evade attacks.
Wooden Shield - Most knights, and swordsmen use this for practicing swordart. This won't help you in real fights, as it's already broken from those practices.
Golden Hammer - This hammer can hurt and be sold as well for a huge amount of currency. Thieves would also like this hammer. Beware of misplacing this hammer.

I wanted to make descriptions for all items, but lost focus, and I got lazy, lol. I'll probably contribute more descriptions later.

Level 11
Thanks for giving so much Item Ideas, I shall update the first post once half of the item's have their description. Thanks for the Ideas and credits and rep will be given.

Level 12
Np.

Hawkclaw - A very well made claw which came from the skin and body parts of caught hawks. It still has the hawk's beak, now be ready to peck those who oppose you.
Vigor Booster - This helps enhance the power of your body, and some other body parts. It increases your strength capabilities too. It doesn't give muscles though!

Level 12
Dragon Axe - A very powerful war axe which can only be used by mighty people. This axe is capable of defeating dragons, and feral beasts.
Magic Stone - A magnificent stone which grants you the power to cast powerful spells. It also makes your voodoo arts, necromancy, and sorcery more powerful.

Level 11
I shall highlight your name on giving credits and will give rep as soon as I can :)

Level 12
Crystal Sword - A sharp, luminous sword capable of cutting even the most reinforced enemies.
Gauntlets of Power - These gauntlets enhance your power, strength, and push your body to its limits.
Ring of the Guardians - The ring used by those who guard sanctuaries, and heavens. This makes you stronger, as you are guided by those sacred guardians.
Sea Lance - An ancient lance which was first found by pirates after their adventures wild adventures. This lance is said to be in par with Poseidon's trident of the seas.
Spell Booster - This increases the power, and effects of your spells. It makes your spells even more powerful than before, which makes this item very important to those who value magic.
Phantom Staff - A staff which is haunted by malignant ghosts, who once wielded it. Rumors say that those ghosts were the ones who first used powerful sorcery, and necromancy.
Desertwalker's Cloak - This cloak not only protects you from heat, but it also makes you more agile, and more flexible.
Goldenbush Branch - A golden version of the famous Ironwood Branch, can be used to gain some power, speed, and some knowledge. This is very useful to those who are still in-training.

And, np. I just wanted to spend some time doing something, lol.

Level 12
Ring of Life - This ring makes you more lively, and more healthy. You still have to eat vegetables, and fruits though.
Winter Staff - This staff must only be used when it's summer. Using this staff during cold seasons make it more chilly, because of its icy aura.
Rapid Amulet - This amulet makes your typing skills as fast as your hack-and-slashing skills.
Skill Booster - Another type of booster, which makes the skillful more skilled, and the unskilled, skillful.
Osmundo's Reaver - An ancient waraxe used by the not so famous guy named Osmundo. Rumors are that he was a human-orc hybrid.
Groundless - A sword used by those who want to feel as if they're flying, because this sword makes you feel that there's no ground at all, and makes you feel like you're floating.
Claws of Attack - These pairs of claws were used a thousand years ago, until now, they're still being used by warriors who do not have a weapon.
Ring of Renewal - This ring refreshes your body and spirit. This renews you, it makes you better than before, and at top notch condition.
Robe of Necromancy - The robe of evil necromancers which were said to be able to revive dead bodies, skeletons, and other types of undead. This robe makes you understand what the undead say, quite scary indeed.

Done.

Level 11
Thanks ! I shall give you special mention and the things I have previously promised. :D

Level 12
Mantle of Knowledge - A must have mantle for learners! This makes you more intelligent and more knowledgeable, and combined with studying, you'll slowly become very intellectual.
Slippers of Dexterity - A pair of slippers which make you more agile, and gives you a more soft feeling, thus having great flexibility and dexterity.
Helm of Golden Will - This makes your will like that of gold, and makes good defense for your head, avoiding concussions, and injuries.

Level 12
Blade of Divinity - A sharp blade capable of cutting foes, and make the unholy into blessed creatures.
Heaven's Edge - A sharp edge blessed by the archangels in heaven. It is also capable of unleashing tremendous amounts of pain towards those who do not believe in them.
Blade of Eagerness - A weird blade which causes not death, but makes those who are cut by this blade eager to die. It also makes you eager to kill.
Staff of Wisdom - A must have for arcanists, elementalists, necromancers, sorcerers and other magic users. This makes you more knowledgeable about magic arts such as voodooing and necromancy.

There. I just completed the whole 37 items myself, lol.

Level 11
Yes, I am amazed with how you have that much Idea in mind. I could not even think of an idea for just a single item. I shal give you much rep as possible and give the credits that you surely deserve. Thank you :)

Level 12
Yes, I am amazed with how you have that much Idea in mind. I could not even think of an idea for just a single item. I shal give you much rep as possible and give the credits that you surely deserve. Thank you :)

Np. It took me 4 days figuring out a description for Blade of Eagerness lol. Or even a week. The "eagerness" part really screwed me lol. I'm like "This is a freakin' blade which makes you eager and so does your enemy lol."

Level 11
Hahaha, thank you for giving time for thinking of the Item's description though. Your ideas wont be put to waste :D

Status
Not open for further replies.