• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Classifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Where can I change the name of the Artifact classification? And more importantly, can I? I've already checked in Game Interface and Constants, couldn't find it, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Level 22
If you mean changing the classification itself, in the Object editor, there you can change it. If you mean renaming the classification instead of 'Permanent' to state e.g 'Custom' try holding shift and doubleclick on the value for item classification. I am not sure you can change the name but even if you do, the game will still count it according to the classification you select it to be.

Level 7
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. Is there a place I can find the name of the various classifications, or are you saying in the object editor just to shift doubleclick the item classification field and write something in?

Level 7
Lol, found the thingy between last post and this. Still having strange little troubles however.

I have a set contraband(itemclass) = itemclass of Snotty_Bagrags_0234.
The Snotty Bagrags have been given the custom Contraband in the object editor, and i have a trigger that says certain units are to attack IF the hero is holding an item in the item class Contraband, but they attack regardless. Does having no items count as having a custom item?

Also related, I have a Wait until Unit holds No Item equal to false. This should mean that the trigger should wait until the unit has an item, of any type.
I think it used to work, but now the trigger just seems to barrel on ahead, taking it as a given that the condition has returned true.
For a more detailed look you'd have to look inside the map itself, having logistical troubles between laptop wid internet connection and PC wid WE.

Level 5
This is untested but might work if you set up regions for all your areas. I recomend you test it on smaller scale first.

• Snotty Rag-Bags
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Town1)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Snotty Bag-Rags) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Town Guard 0002 <gen> to Attack (Triggering unit)

Level 7
If it was just an item-type I was trying to identify the problem would be solved.

But I'm getting it to recognise the item-class of an item, and recognise it as Contraband, a purely fictional category I made up by doing as suggested and shift clicking the item class field.

I thne made a variable called Contraband (12), and said "set Contraband (12) = ItemClass of item Snotty Bagrags" Snotty Bagrags is the item with the item class changed to Contraband.

So the variable should now be set to the made up classification, only I think it's not working.

The condition of the hero having an item with the classification contraband keeps passing, even though he's not carrying any item at all.

I guess this either means you can't really make up new item classifications (not without altering something important), or it's just related to the problem I'm having in another area where the collector keeps moving to the granary even though I have a condition that says wait until Granary has no item equal to false. Which used to work but doesn't any more.

If you understood any of what I said, could you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.