• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] It desync even if there's nothing to desync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there.
I got from the 1.28 desync in my map which drives me crazy.

- 1) Everything works fine until a second player pass the age II. Then it desync from instantly to minutes after.

- 2) It drops at least one player.

- 3) Local, hosting bots, regular hosting doesn't matter it still desync

- 4) There's not hazardous GetLocalplayer() in my map

- 5) Even at 2 or 24 players it happens the same

- 6) It's almost systematic, it's rare to get a non-desyncing game, but i still don't know why they are spared.

- 7) I've done some optimizations. There's no any leaks and it still desync.

- 8) I don't use widgitizers

- 9) I don't use Terrain deformations

- 10) It's not from the score system

- 11) If it happens, it won't repeat again like if it was a purge.

- 12) It's not related to unit which are affected by regular upgrades.

I suspect usage of chaos abilities but there's no way to perfectly imitate that. If someone could show me how to hunt the bug i would hear it gladly ; showing me WHERE EXACTLY it messed up.

Here's the current version : Age of Humanity Prototype 0.1.6.1.1c - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Small FAQ
☼ If morphs bugs, why you don't use bear/crow form ?
It would break the point of the game because morphed unit will stop what they are doing because it's an order. Age of Humanity is about AUTOMATIC morph.

☼ You know you can storage order
You can't store multiple building orders. That's the problem.​

why you don't just make a single version of builders ?
It's not coherent with the rest of the game.​

Have you tested it with the jass spy ?
It works only for 1.26 and the map don't desync in 1.26 so....

☼ Why you don't use debug mode with the Trigger's happy replay detector ?
Because if it's from triggers i would already found the problem but i'm out of ideas.

Last edited:

~El

Level 17
Since you're saying that the map doesn't desync in 1.26, there's probably no fault with the map itself, and likely just a regression in WC3 itself.

Short of someone coming up with a miraculous explanation, the best thing you could possibly do is:

1. Grab 2 different replays from your map - one from the player that desynced, and another from a player that didn't desync.
2. Make a post (or a thread) in patch discussion explaining the issue like you did here, attach your map (the same one used in replay, + an unprotected copy if yours is protected), attach the 2 replays, and ping Kam.

With some luck, they may be able to figure out the cause of the desync and fix it in an upcoming patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.