• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issuing order "Cloud" stops other spells to be used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, it's me again.

I can't find out why in the following trigger the unit "Seashore Tidecaller" is not able to use other abilities (summon water elemental - that I already fixed other way & carrior swarm type spells) along with channelling cloud type spell.

Any hints or explanation, what am I doing wrong? The carrior swarm order is not working

• Murloc chief attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Seashore Warrior 0430 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Order |cffffcc00Seashore Overlord Gurlgg (Elite)|r 0308 <gen> to Attack Trickster 0340 <gen>
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: |cffffff00The Seas...
      • Wait 0.75 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Tide Elemental for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Murlocs tide <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Unit - Order |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Center of Murlocs <gen>)
      • Unit - Order |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud (Center of Murlocs <gen>)
      • Wait 7.50 seconds
      • Unit - Order |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> to Attack-Move To (Center of Murlocs <gen>)
EDIT: I managed to fix it by adding this trigger

• Murloc tide cloud
    • Events
      • Unit - |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Crushing Wave (murloc)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud (Center of Murlocs <gen>)
      • Wait 7.50 seconds
      • Unit - Order |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> to Attack-Move To (Center of Murlocs <gen>)
But I still don't get it why it's not working...

Last edited:
Level 12
Hello guys, it's me again.

I can't find out why in the following trigger the unit "Seashore Tidecaller" is not able to use other abilities (summon water elemental - that I already fixed other way & carrior swarm type spells) along with channelling cloud type spell.

Any hints or explanation, what am I doing wrong? The carrior swarm order is not working

• Murloc chief attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Seashore Warrior 0430 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order |cffffcc00Seashore Overlord Gurlgg (Elite)|r 0308 <gen> to Attack Trickster 0340 <gen>
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: |cffffff00The Seas...
      • Wait 0.75 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Tide Elemental for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Murlocs tide <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Unit - Order |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Center of Murlocs <gen>)
      • Wait 7.50 seconds
EDIT: I managed to fix it by adding this trigger

• Murloc tide cloud
    • Events
      • Unit - |cff87ceebSeashore Tidecaller (Rare)|r 0375 <gen> Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Crushing Wave (murloc)
    • Actions
      • Wait 7.50 seconds
But I still don't get it why it's not working...

try to not use waits... if you can because,
For each player it will be a different time Example:
You use wait 2 seconds
For some players it’s 1,5 second for some players 2,5 Seconds

Level 24
Basically you are ordering another thing immediatly after order him the first order then cancel this, is like when you control a unit you order it to do a thing and inmediatly order another thing and the first is canceled, so you have to add a delay.

Level 12
Basically you are ordering another thing immediatly after order him the first order then cancel this, is like when you control a unit you order it to do a thing and inmediatly order another thing and the first is canceled, so you have to add a delay.

Herly is Right Units have a small Casting Time in the Animation Art called

Art - Casting Point
Art - Casting Backswing

this Fields on the Unit are the animation time for (casting time for a spell)
If you now order two things in triggers instantly
The 1 second of Animation Casting time starts and cancels instant because you started already a second order...

that’s why we set castbackswing and castpoint to 0 on Dummy Units to Create instant Spells without any delay or any animation time

Status
Not open for further replies.