• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is usage of videos in Campaign maps possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I was wondering whether it is possible to use video in between or even during maps, like those that blizzard shows sometimes during the Campaigns?
(I mean the videos, not the Cinematics, like the battle between Grom and Thrall vs Mannoroth or the fight between Illidan and (Lichking)Arthas)

- didn't find a tutorial about that... should the videos be converted in some specific file format?

Level 7
Okay Daffa I'll try that out... but how do I order WE/Campaign Editor to run a movie in between the maps? :vw_wtf:

Any ideas?

Level 7
Yeah, actually I would need to run a short movie before the first map and then even shorter ones in between maps...

Hm couldn't find such an option in trigger editor "Cinematic - play cinematic called..." or anything similar to it... :eekani:

Last edited:
Level 23
I think this feature is available in the Campaign Editor. This is a wild guess though, since the movies are only played during the start or the end of the cinematic, then I think the campaign editor has something to do with this.

BTW, I don't think this is possible with multiplayer maps since you can't run some triggers while the movie is playing so there could be some problems when one of the players skip the movie and the others don't.

Level 7
Okay Hera_ it is a single player campaign not a multiplayer map, so we don't think in that direction - still it is very good that you mention this as somebody might wonder about it and read it here... Thanks +rep for that! :)

Guys found it:
  • Game - Enable the Human Ending Cinematic
This is the option that blizzard used to make a video run after the finishing (victory) of the map. (though I have not experimented with custom video yet, only with the ones present but it works)
As for the starting cinematic used before the first map of the campaign used (in Reign of Chaos - Humans) I still have no idea how blizzard have done this...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.