• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Is there something to turn .slk to .w3u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Here's my problem: I have ~150 completely unbalanced units in my map that I want to normalize (setting their damage/health to something based on their gold cost). Rather than input all the data by hand, I'd really like to automate the process, especially since I'll certainly be changing my formulas with further testing and don't want to change all of them every time. If I could convert the object data to slk or some other format than .w3u's binary blob, this would be much easier. I'm fully capable of writing a script to do all the number crunching, I just don't want to have unnecessary bother with formats (as avoiding unnecessary bother is what I'm trying to do in the first place).

Does a tool that does .w3u -> .slk -> .w3u conversions exist? I could easily write a script to manipulate the .slk format, but I haven't found anything that would reimport it into a map. The standalone wc3 object editor looked promising but I couldn't find a way to reimport the exported slks.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

If that doesn't work for you, there's an old hacking tool called SILK Objects Console, which converts SLK back to objects. I haven't used it in years so I don't have it, and I think the only download is from some sketchy Russian sites unfortunately. But you can surely find it if you look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.