• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is there any way to completely add/edit/remove object data by codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have been wondering that it could be very promissing and useful if there is a world editor addon (perhaps JassHelper or Grimex) that can completely support the object data editing (add/remove/edit).

Things may be done like what Grimex behaves.
vJASS:
//! external ObjectMerger my_abilities.w3a D:\war3\more_abilities.w3a even_more_abilities.w3a
//! external ObjectMerger objects\units.w3u

However, Grimex's functionalities seem to be limited (FileImporter, ObjectMerger, and PathMapper). If one wants to add an ability by copying one of original abilities and then modify the data items of this ability and add it to a hero, these operations now must be done by object editor as far as I know. Therefore, if someone can update Grimex or develop a new tool for world editor to handle these operations by codes, this would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.