• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there an add-on (terrain-type)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
EDIT: UMSWE needs some serious updating.. Found it in TFT WE.

I can't find change terrain-types and i'm at the point where i need to do things with terrain to progress in peace.

I use UMSWE. So is there a better WE or some add-on or something which is why i can't find any triggers whatsoever that deal with terrain-type, and changing it and all that good stuff?

I need a trigger where all units, and later on nothing at all (spells, "bullets"), cannot enter a terrain type.

I'll later need a bounce effect for both unit and spell but like i said that's later.

It would be so much easier to mod a terrain for my 2D map than mod a 3D file and smoosh it into the ground!

So, i'm moreso asking for the resources of how to mod terrain-stuff than i am a tutorial/walk-through/solution. I can't have a solution for something i don't have!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ouch? I should know it?

I'm pretty sure
Warcraft III Modding
is more proper than this place as it deals with modding in general and NOT the WE specifically. Just because i say "add-on" doesn't mean the general focus is on the WE. Hell, i have no idea if it's an add-on or not. And since (UMS)WE has not the functions i am enquiring about i'm sure i'd get a better answer as to where to go to FIND a solution. It may not be my editor, it may not be an add-on solution, who knows what it is..

Unless, as it seems, you know the solution, and it deals with my choice of editor, or an add-on, why not just tell me in the first place, while you were here.

Also, i know shit, that's why i'm here. Since you don't know me, it'd be wise for you not to assume i know anything.

Level 19
You can do much things with WE
well Jass NewGen Pack suggested for everything
but thing you asking for can be done with triggers
but I dont know what it is xD

Way 1
Something that checks every unit's position every second
and Teleports them back if they are on unmovable terrain

Way 2
Create regions on unmovable terrain and you know the rest part xD
Or a trigger that creates regions un unmovable terrain

Level 9
Hey Need_O2,

Way 2
Create regions on unmovable terrain and you know the rest part xD
Or a trigger that creates regions un unmovable terrain

That's what i'm talking about.. "on unmoveable", etc. I don't have ANY of those functions. How do i get them?

And i know i could use rects but it is unnecessary with the technology i am asking for. It's just easier.. well, if i had it.

I appreciate the reply but i really need to know how to do this in GUI.

EDIT:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43762&highlight=terrain+trigger

check the Actions: Environment string to understand what i mean.

Level 19
I mean the terrain "you dont want units/orwhateveritis" by unmoveable
Well you can check a locations terrain (the terrain that location is on it)
I dont know the trigger well they use the sameway for ice-skating games

Level 11
Go with the first option. Every .01 second check if a unit is on terrain you want to be untraversable. If the unit is on such terrain, move them back about 10 pixels. I through together a nice little system for you. However remember this, the thickness of the barrier doesn't really change how secure the barrier is. If you try hard enough using some of the slower turning flying units you can exploit a glitch in my system that will let them move through the barrier. Other then that it works great. Its not that easy to get a flying unit through, so you shouldn't have too many problems. To test, run the map and try to move any of the units out of the green boxes. It uses terrain and NOT rects.

Attachments

• terrain walls..w3m
    14.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.