• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there a limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ive got a very very simple question.

Is there a limit to the amount of spells there can be in one map. and also how many abillities would i need to fill 0.5 of a MB. I already know lots of abillities slow the editor down but is there a limit. Please tell me. :con:

I don't think there is any limit. In order to avoid the slow performance of the editor, you can use alternative methods, such as the AbilityData.slk & AbilityStrings.txt, by importing them to your map and performing the necessary changes within them.

0.5 MB is something really generic. A spell that has 2000 lines of code is a lot bigger in size than a code of 200 lines for the second spell, so, it depends on what you want to do.

Level 9
Lol pharaoh you know this editor iside out. I want to make 11 hmmm nooo, 11+4 = 45 45x12=540. hmmm not happy !! i suppose i can use this save code theory. E=MC2 Simply meens that mass is concentrated energy and if you reverse this process you will get energy. Atomic bombcs anyone ? Yes anyway im carrying away, can you pls teach me this save code outside map spell abillity thingy.

Lol never mind about the code thingy, ill find a way around it, i always seem to. Dark energy 78% & Dark matter 21% Black holes have infinate gravity so what is its mass ?? Infinity ?? Stars make all of the elements we see today, all the way up to Iron, thats when the star dies. When a supernova happens it creates the heavier elements beyond Iron. We know dark matter is there becuase of its gravity but we dont know what it is. Neutron stars are dead cores of dead stars. There density is amazing, a sugar cube of neutron star is the equivelent of all the cars in europe or USA put together. A white drawf is similar, a dead star core but larger. Ever wondered why the milkey way and other galaxies have bright clustered centers. Astromoners believe its a super black hole and its redicilous gravity that pulls the stars together. They also believe that time stops inside a black hole. Only the biggest stars can explode into what we call hypernova, that is what creates a black hole. All that out of the back of my head.

Last edited:
Funny; you sound like some old wizards in RPGs that you ask them a couple of questions and they bring forth memories from some theories around magic = totally off the question. :)
I am not really sure how to do it, just extract with an extractor (E.g. Power MPQ, located in the Tools section) and it will open with Microsoft Excel. The changes you'll make will replace the existing abilities of the editor. You can also manipulate the ID's, as far as I know.

Level 9
Thx ill use this if i can, i think i might only make 100 spells. so i might not need the script. However the more unit you create the slower the editor becomes, this is rather distressing. thx anyway. I love your RPG statment oh did you know that Dark energy 78% & Dark matter 21% makes up the universe. Black holes have infinate gravity so what is its mass ?? Infinity ?? Stars make all of the elements we see today, all the way up to Iron, thats when the star dies. When a supernova happens it creates the heavier elements beyond Iron. We know dark matter is there becuase of its gravity but we dont know what it is. Neutron stars are dead cores of dead stars. There density is amazing, a sugar cube of neutron star is the equivelent of all the cars in europe or USA put together. A white drawf is similar, a dead star core but larger. Ever wondered why the milkey way and other galaxies have bright clustered centers. Astromoners believe its a super black hole and its redicilous gravity that pulls the stars together. They also believe that time stops inside a black hole. Only the biggest stars can explode into what we call hypernova, that is what creates a black hole. All that out of the back of my head.

Oh dear i seem to have repeated myself, oh did you know the star uses a process called neuclear fusion, hydrogen Errrr never mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.