• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] is it safe to work on a map right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i want to work on a custom map, but i see theres a lot of new patches and a "new" warcraft 3 coming out with new graphics, i wonder if i can start working on my map with patch 1.26 and if later its going to work with the new war3

Level 9
The latest patch fixed a lot of things and it seems to work fine for me at least. The coming of Reforged shouldn't be a problem. As long as you don't use any hacks, exploits or 3-party-tools, all custom maps should just load up with the Reforged World Editor as well. Making custom models and skins might not be advised now, since Reforged will bring new graphics, so making them now yourself would pretty much go in vain, unless you plan your map to be always played with SD graphics. Also, Reforged might bring some more functionality to the World Editor, but I don't think there will be anything that significant that you should wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.