• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to save map for the old patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello everyone. Currently i have to save my map for the old versions (1.26 and later)
I can open my map with Reforged editor but i have to open it for old version for some reason. Is there a way to do that?

OR

Is there a way to make it work on previous warcraft versions?

Level 29
Hello. Yesterday i have tried this but it wasn't worked to me.
Maps that made on older versions of WC3 are NOT backwards compatible with Reforged.
You have to read the post above. There is a big limitation about the Editor's features when you downgrade your map, including the Lua.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Maps that made on older versions of WC3 are NOT backwards compatible with Reforged.
Reforged is backwards compatible with maps made in legacy versions of Warcraft III. How good this backwards compatibility is at playing the maps in game is a problem at times. However, for the most part you can open up your old maps in the current World Editor and it just works with everything being how it was.

Level 17
You have to read the post above. There is a big limitation about the Editor's features when you downgrade your map, including the Lua.
I just want to edit my map that saved on Reforged editor in previous versions of WE
OR
I just want to play my map that saved on Reforged in previous versions of Warcraft III

Is that possible or not?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Is that possible or not?
No it is not directly possible as people mentioned above. There are tools and tricks you can use to try and revert the version of a map file so that it might be able to run in legacy versions of Warcraft III, but this has the obvious limitation that you cannot use any features introduced in updates after that legacy version. For example both Lua and the new custom UI functions must not be used as they were not supported by legacy versions of Warcraft III.

Level 17
No it is not directly possible as people mentioned above. There are tools and tricks you can use to try and revert the version of a map file so that it might be able to run in legacy versions of Warcraft III, but this has the obvious limitation that you cannot use any features introduced in updates after that legacy version. For example both Lua and the new custom UI functions must not be used as they were not supported by legacy versions of Warcraft III.
At least is it possible to transfer terrain only? I can open both editors and create same triggers. But important part is my map design.

Level 17
Have you tried the tools referenced above? Terrain should mostly be possible since not much has changed with it as far as I am aware.
I have tried to convert it with Map Adapter but as i see not everything converted. By the way i have added only 24 players support. I haven't used any new features.

As you understand still i can access my map with Reforged. I can both edit and play in reforged.
How can i make it more easy to be converted for old versions? Setting players 24 > 12 again and what kind of changes we need i wonder.
For example i am going to try export scripts now and try to open it with outdated version.

Level 17
Have you tried the tools referenced above? Terrain should mostly be possible since not much has changed with it as far as I am aware.
Hello. Sorry for disturbing but still my logic refusing it

I can open my map, edit my map, save my map, play my map I can literally have my own map, i can see edit everything.
BUT i cannot edit in previous versions OR play it previous versions.
There are no ways to make it editable OR playable on previous versions?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are no ways to make it editable OR playable on previous versions?
As people posted above, there are hacky tools that might be able to backwards port your map. If these tools do not work you need to change your map so as to not break the tool, such as by removing newer version features. If they still do not work then you are likely out of luck and will need to research and develop your own approach to backwards port the map.

Level 17
As people posted above, there are hacky tools that might be able to backwards port your map. If these tools do not work you need to change your map so as to not break the tool, such as by removing newer version features. If they still do not work then you are likely out of luck and will need to research and develop your own approach to backwards port the map.
Truth is, i can re-write again triggers. My problem is map design. I was created perfectly oriented World Map. It took my 8 full days to create it. Is there a way to use my terrain?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Honestly i have a no idea about these files. Let me search for them first.
A map is a collection of data files bundled together in a MPQ archive, or more recently also able to be saved as a folder while editing. Use a tool like MPQEdit to extract specific data files from the map, and potentially insert them into other maps. It is recommended to backup any maps being manipulated by this tool in case you accidently break them.

Status
Not open for further replies.