• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Is it possible to limit Unit Construction based on Player Slot/Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys,
Was wondering if it was possible to limit the construction of a Unit, let's say a Grunt for example, based on the Player Color/Slot. This would be so that Factions can only access their own special units, but from the same Barracks. Is this a possibility through the Editor's functions? Would it need to be done through custom variables and such, if so how? Let me know. thanks!

Cordially,
Adorm

Level 4
There is a player function which limits the amount of times a player may train specific type of unit.

• Player - Limit training of Footman to 2 for Player 1 (Red)
This isn't really what i'm looking for, I need something that inhibits a player from building a unit unless they are a specific color/slot. So Lets say I have Blue Grunt as a Custom Unit, Player Red, Green, Purple etc, won't be able to build that Unit, only Blue/Player 2. That is the kind of function I'm looking for.

Level 4
Why do you need two threads for this?
I'm certainly more exhausted than I've realized, just went back and looked only to see I posted the same question a day ago. Oh god. My bad. *And also see that you've answered it!*

Status
Not open for further replies.