• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to change a map size? {how to expand map size?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a map made, with A LOT of imported stuff as well as necesary triggers that I require to "save" for more maps. But Having to import all that again could be a REAL pain (because of all the routes of each file). I have 417 files to be more precised.

Anyway, I figured I could simply save the map with another name and edited from here, making a new "level". But I would need to expand the map size, and I don't know how.

So how can I expand the map size once the map has been started?

(OR, how can import 417 files to another map while keeping the routes intact?).

Thx in advance :) !

Level 13
You could put all of the imported files in an MPQ and export the Object data and the triggers to re-import them in the new map.
That works well enough, the only drawback is that you'd need either to replace an ingame MPQ with yours or use MPQDraft to make a self-executing MPQ (an exe file that loads the MPQ file inside it into Warcraft)

Level 7
By size, I'm guessing you mean "tiny" versus "epic" right?
Go to the Size and Camera tab under Scenario - Map Description. You can change it there.

Level 3
YES! thank you -ALPHA-, didn't notice the option before. Problem solved.

As for Michael Peppers's proposal... sounds interesting as well, could help out in reducing the file size itself. Plus I have SOOO many imported stuff, that for some reason the map won't load through a custom campaing (it did when I took it all out :/). This would probably help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.