• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iron Queen

A floating armored queen that kills things with her floating blades.
Uses in-game textures, has portrait camera and animations.

Give me credits if you use it.

Suggested art stats:
Blend Time - 0.25
Cast Point - 0.700
Walk/Run Speed - 250
Death Time - 2
Damage Point - 0.6

Added colored plane.

Keywords:
queen, armored, telepath
Contents

Iron Queen (Model)

Reviews
20:53, 5th Oct 2012 Tarrasque: Looks good, animations too. Texture is a bit lacking but it works. I wont approve it right now because its missing a team colored plane at the back of the model during portrait animations. Fix that. 14-10-2012...

M

20:53, 5th Oct 2012
Tarrasque: Looks good, animations too. Texture is a bit lacking but it works. I wont approve it right now because its missing a team colored plane at the back of the model during portrait animations. Fix that.

14-10-2012 changes made. Approved

Edit by Kwaliti:

Tarrasque forgot to change the status to approved.

Level 5
NIce one. You should put ribbon on those blades to make the model better!

Level 5
Tested and LOVED!!!! 5/5

She is amazing!! I loved her animations and texture!

I tought she would be a ranged attacker but she fits more with a long ranged melee, can you create an projectile from those blades?

And can anyone create an Icon for her? I really need it!!

Another great job WhiteDeath!!

Level 5
I meant the two blades flying forward, I loved them, unfortunatly they are attached to her anims and as you said, it wont look good as a ranged version!!

I've already used your werewolf, and now I'm using her too, I love your works WhiteDeath!!

Total credits to you!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I don't know why I keep doing this... I saw this long ago and thought "eh". Now that I've fallen in love with your stuff, I actually took the time to go back & look at this in the model viewer... MAN. It's pretty dang good. Definitely better than I thought.

The mesh is straight & defined (rather well-endowed, though, doncha-think?), the animations are fluid and interesting, the ribbon on the Slam is great (personally, she could do with a few more ribbons on the other Attacks; maybe just "clear" ones for the wind she's slicing through), and the face/crown is nice. Reminds me of Azula from Avatar: the Last Airbender; cold, calculated, cruel.

Personally, however, I feel she's lacking a bit in "heroic-ness" (lol; how many times have I said that in the last month-and-a-half... (*cough* Modeling Contest #25 *cough*). In fact, she's already got Decay animations... I'd be rather interested to see if she could be re-wrapped (and a little bit of mesh editing) to make her a sort of "Forsaken Wraith-Guard" or "Iron Raven" or "Valky'r" thing. Flowy robes, pallid skin, ghostly blades & SFX... I dunno, could be really neat.
(As a side-note, since you're probably busy, could I have permission to tinker around with her a bit?)

Just a thought. Anyway the model's cool. Good work, and keep it up!

Level 14
I don't know why I keep doing this... I saw this long ago and thought "eh". Now that I've fallen in love with your stuff, I actually took the time to go back & look at this in the model viewer... MAN. It's pretty dang good. Definitely better than I thought.

The mesh is straight & defined (rather well-endowed, though, doncha-think?), the animations are fluid and interesting, the ribbon on the Slam is great (personally, she could do with a few more ribbons on the other Attacks; maybe just "clear" ones for the wind she's slicing through), and the face/crown is nice. Reminds me of Azula from Avatar: the Last Airbender; cold, calculated, cruel.

Personally, however, I feel she's lacking a bit in "heroic-ness" (lol; how many times have I said that in the last month-and-a-half... (*cough* Modeling Contest #25 *cough*). In fact, she's already got Decay animations... I'd be rather interested to see if she could be re-wrapped (and a little bit of mesh editing) to make her a sort of "Forsaken Wraith-Guard" or "Iron Raven" or "Valky'r" thing. Flowy robes, pallid skin, ghostly blades & SFX... I dunno, could be really neat.
(As a side-note, since you're probably busy, could I have permission to tinker around with her a bit?)

Just a thought. Anyway the model's cool. Good work, and keep it up!
You are granted permission to improve it and stuff.
The model is inferior to other models I made because it was made earlier, so I was naturally not as good. I taught about updating my old models, but as it is I barely have enough time to make new models, if I start reworking old ones I will probably have to stop making new models and I prefer making new stuff instead of remaking old( it is just more interesting for me).

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You are granted permission to improve it and stuff.
Ah, thanks. Not like I have the time, but maybe someday... :p

WhiteDeath said:
The model is inferior to other models I made because it was made earlier, so I was naturally not as good. I taught about updating my old models, but as it is I barely have enough time to make new models, if I start reworking old ones I will probably have to stop making new models and I prefer making new stuff instead of remaking old( it is just more interesting for me).
Well certainly. That's the great thing about art & artists (really anything); one gets better with time & practice.

Do you really have that many old models that you could potentially remake? I only see the statue/pedestal, the skelly pirate, and this girl... Oh and the neat evil archmage. Or are you talking about super secret special models hidden on your hard drive that you've never released... Exciting. :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yes I was talking about those four, each would probably take me about 2-3 weeks to do a good job. By the time I remake them I would probably be good enough to have to remake some of the other models.
Ah.

(Shucks, no super-secret models :p)

Well personally, I think they are all generally of a perfectly fine quality for what they are. So feel free to keep making new stuff. Let me know if you run dry of ideas. :p

And good luck on the contest! Looks like the (unofficial, not-counted, pre-)Poll has you in the lead, so that's nice.