• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iraq Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am currently working on a map that is based off of the current war in Iraq. I have tested many terrains and tried to manipulate some myself but all were failed attempts. The file i attached is around the design i am looking for. But please if you would like to do this for me plz do what you like, use your own designs, and take the terrain into your hands. So anyone that is intrested plz help me out. Also, it is ok if it is Frozen throne instead of reign of caos

Attachments

• War in Iraq BETA v.14.w3m
    179.7 KB · Views: 55
Level 2
No no no u get me all wrong. i found this terrain in a game and i played and it is protected so i cant remove the unnits.

Level 2
I need a map, perferably desert and i need a few water ways that go throughout the map. Its going to turn out kinda like current day iraq if i play my cards right and work hard.

Level 34
I meant you want someone to make you a map that has similar terrain to the game you posted.

Level 7
He wants someone to create a terrain similar to the map he attached, because he is not a very good terrainer himself.

Sorry to be a bubble-burster, but I will assume not many people would be willing to help you, as you do not portray yourself professionally. You also, as far as I can see, don't have proof you would finish this map, whatever your plans are for it. Speaking of the plans, they are also vague. What is this terrain for? How should it be organized? Should it be a complete clone of the map you attached?

Level 2
Srry For the vaugness it doesnt have to be an exact clone and im working with Elfsilver Lord on Models and am hoping to get a layout soon. It just has to be desert, look like iraq. It is going to be a war in Iraq game were you finght and try to gain control of areas.It should be neat as well, srry if i do not come across proffessional but it is my first time here and i hope to finish the map within the week.

Level 9
Here's my advice if you want to get this project rolling. Open up the editor and just start making the terrain. It dosen't have to be perfect just enough to define regions and a general sense of what's actually going on in the map. Once you've made a BASIC outline, repost that map with a few pictures of the terrain or at the very least a mini-map preview so we can see what it looks like. From there someone might offer to work on the terrain or we provide suggestions and ideas to improve it.

Level 2
KK thanks for all this help and i only have one question on that and it is how do you take a picture of just the minimap?

Level 2
i Got the rough sketch up and i only have a few things wrong with it, if any one is willing to help me i will have the file attached as well as minimap photos and some game photos. As ive said before i appreatiate all the support i have been given and i hope you guys are able to help me out again.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_021908_123722_02.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • WC3ScrnShot_022008_121136_01.tga
    62.5 KB · Views: 50
  • opt-War In Iraq v1.5.w3x
    110.1 KB · Views: 44
Level 2
OK All Set i have the photos up

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_022008_121136_01.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_022008_121136_01.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 100
  • WC3ScrnShot_021908_123722_02.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_021908_123722_02.gif
    221.1 KB · Views: 304
Level 2
im fixing that now im adding skins to this and it should be good....one problem when i orignally made it i protected only version....

Status
Not open for further replies.