• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Introduction/Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings to the whole comunity.

At first let me tell you that I´m from germany so please excuse the spelling and grammer mistakes.

I played WC3 RPG and TD Maps for years and now made the decision to create a RPG on my own, because I played nearly every one that is out there and I was often dissapointed when the maps were not finished or less entertaining.

I used the NewGenPack tool and choose the largest possible mapsize which was 480*480.
The Bigger The Better! :grin:

Furthermore the RPG will be a Singleplayerone, in a NARUTO style(you know, this anime ninjakid with a foxdemon sealed inside) and with a third person view.
I made the experience that the realy large and time intensive RPGs where never ever completed in LAN or BATTLE NET.

When I played TKOK Easter Kingdoms, it was amazing, the best RPG I ever saw but at least only a Beta which ends after first town.
Some Ideas are from this map like the design of the Inventorysystem, substats and a few images.
But I wrote all code by myself, couldnt even use their code as example because 3500 lines of unsorted and crypted code in war3map.j were no help.
Why not give an example, that whould have saved me hours of work?

So I decied to create my own and because there are already many FinalFantasy RPGs I choose my second favorite NARUTO.
(I hate those TKOK creators, awesome but unfinished map and protected!
It took me ages to figure out how create my own window based inventory.)

Storyline will not be like the original.More a "Become a famous ninja over playtime" I plan to let the player choose from a couple of characters in the beginning.Starting location is different for each character.
I want to let the player choose his way of the ninja, like killing everything and be a cruel character or protect the inocent, something like that.

I have a good experience with programming language and it didnt took me long to get familiar with this vJass from Blizzard.
I find it quite limited, but thanks to NewGenPack there are some features which make it some kind of "programming language".

Actual progress of the map:

-Window based Inventory System created via loops at mapstart,about 60 Itemslots and 14 Inventory Slots,4 Quickslots for potions.Everything triggered via Trackables.

-Heromenu(original Inventory) with Statsystem,Inventorysystem,talk and use Buttons.

-Statsystem with five substats which affect dodge and critical.
-Real time updating Multiboard for Hero,shows substats,mainstats with progress bar and diverse other stats.

-Third person camerasystem

-Creepspawnsystem which works completly without preplaced creeps.

-Diverse other trigger and a few hero abilitys.

(Everything in vJass)

-Small part of the map,forest and little town.
-Implemented some Naruto models I found in the Net.
-Created ability objects for equiping.

I allready wrote over 1500 Lines of vJass Code and I loved to do it, this gui workspace is realy useless, but it helps to find the right function sometimes.

The only thing I suck at is Terraforming.The whole Terrain and art stuff is kind of annoying.

So I ask for a !EXPERIENCED! Terrainer who wants to join my project.
No, beginners please because I bring in a lot of programming experience and I need a pro Terrainer who has already made a few maps.

If you dont know how the "NARUTO" World looks like, there is a village of sand, one of water, leaf and so on.If you want, I took a screenshot from an .avi I could mail you.
The whole trigger and Jass stuff will be my part, and yours
will be all train and art stuff.

IMPORTANT:
If you want to make this map with me, you shouldn´t quit after two weeks cause I have a great ambition to finish this map.
Í allready put a lot of work into my inventorysystem and other stuff and
have no use for such lazy people who change their mind every month.

If you want to team up with me to create a awesome Narutostyle RPG map please send a mail to [email protected]

Or answer this post, but remember this is my first post in this Forum and I dont even know where it will go to!

I`ve read a lot about Map stealing, so please understand that I dont upload an example of my map.

Thanks for reading,
hope for some help.

mfg. BOFH

Status
Not open for further replies.