• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Internet connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Since a few days i have the problem that my internet connection gets lost for a minute or so and i get dropped from games :( I am connected to the router with lan and im the only one in my family having these problems D: My sister and my mothers laptops work both well and have no problems. The Router is called fritzbox! btw Any help with the problem will get you + rep :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You wired or wireless?

If you are wireless it is a common problem, no real solution but to set up more networed wirless repeaters you can fall back to if you lose connection with one.

If you are wired, it can just be stupid bugs or a poorly set up network. Try a static IP.

Level 7
I already tried a static ip but will try again^^ and yes i am wired prob is win7 sucks coz it wants his users to prevent them from changing things

Wrong, thats vista.
I have both vista and win7, windows 7 works perfectly whilst vista.. Same problems as you.

So are you using an Ethernet cable or not? Sorry, I am having trouble understanding what you're trying to say.

If you're on wireless, it could be that your Network adapter is screwed, or it could simply be that your wireless router is not compatible with your computer.

If you're on a cable... It means either the Ethernet cable is damaged, your computer is damaged or your computer is simply not compatible with your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.