• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Interface, Aircraft Flight and Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
3 questions, each worth a rep.

1) Is it possible to modify the resource icons in the UI?

UI.jpg

I have looked over Game Interface many times, and I have never found a field that would allow me to modify it.

2) Does anyone know of a system or could help me to trigger air units so that they act realistically in the sense that they do not stay in a single place? I was searching for this over these forums, and I found that someone apparently had developed a system for this and was offering to share it, but that individual seems to have ignored my request. As a result I am wondering if anyone else knows of it or has it?

Basically I would like it for my aircraft to be unable to remain still while in flight, thus forcing them to continue flying to their target or some location.

3) In my map, certain types of infantry are equipped with their weapons by adding special effects to them with triggers. Though I doubt that this would be a real source of lag, I would still like to fix this leak by deleting these attached weapon special effects when the infantry unit dies. Is it possible to do this using variables or something? What makes me uncertain is that each player will be able to train a numerous amount of each type of infantry.

Level 6
1. Advanced menu/Game Interface menu/ Icon-Gold
I could be missunderstanding you

2. missle flight system missle flight

Gnomish Bomber Spell

3. use the sphere ability, it allows you to add attachments and wouldn't waste an effect

I assume this would help with that.

Last edited:
Level 7
1. Advanced menu/Game Interface menu/ Icon-Gold
I could be missunderstanding you

Make sure to change the "Image - Tooltip Gold Icon" as well if you want the gold icon in the tooltip (ie your pic) to be changed as well. howl2000's would only change the icon at the top...

Level 6
Make sure to change the "Image - Tooltip Gold Icon" as well if you want the gold icon in the tooltip (ie your pic) to be changed as well. howl2000's would only change the icon at the top...

I was just giving him the area there are like 3 icons to change there, but thanks for telling him I forgot to tell him it was the general area. Also you can change lumber and food icons too.

Level 7
I was just giving him the area there are like 3 icons to change there, but thanks for telling him I forgot to tell him it was the general area. Also you can change lumber and food icons too.

Hehe, I only mentioned it due to my own personal experience with it. When I tried doing this myself a long time ago I had a hard time finding out how to change the tooltip's icon before I figured out it was under "Image" not "Icon". :\

Level 3
1) Yes, it was the tooltip image that I had been thinking of, and ironically I found it just before coming on here to check replies. (I was aware of the rest of things, it was simply this that I hadn't been able to find for some reason for the longest time now)

2) I am unfortunately only a GUIer, so the second one isn't very helpful. The first one is good; I might find my answer in it, but I hope to get some more answers if possible for this one.

3) Wow, I never even thought of that, but it works flawlessly!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.