• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Intelligence Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys,
i wonder if any of u could help me making an intelligence aura that gives +intel to nearby allies (hero ability).

tried converting item abilities, didnt work of course.

Could anyone help me?
all ideas are appreciated!
cheers,

Meneldor

Well, itd be pretty simple, create an ability based on the item stat gain bonuses (if your ability has multiple levels, give it multiple levels as well) set it to give as much as you want the aura to give, then youll have to use some triggers:

Event: Every 0.01 seconds
Condition: n/a
Actions: Pick every unit inside (AoE of ability) of (unit with ability) and do actions
If/Then/Else multiple functions
->Condition: If picked unit has (stat gain ability) equal to false & picked unit is a hero equal to true
->Then: Add (stat bonus) to (picked unit)
------> Set level of (stat bonus) for (picked unit) to level of (Aura) for (unit with Aura)
->Else: Do Nothing

To remove the effect:

Event: Every 1 seconds
Condition: n/a
Actions: Pick every unit inside (playable map area) and do (remove (stat bonus) from picked unit)

That should work, and it wont stack, even though the 2nd event removes it from all units, the 1st trigger runs more often, so as soon as it is removed it will be readded.

Status
Not open for further replies.