• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

intelect increse skill dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi...can anyone show me an trigger which intelect...or strengh increse the skill dmg...i means...my intelect is 1000 and my skill dmg is 1000....if i have 1000 intelect, my skill need to give 2000 dmg...please help me!

Level 5
no...i said skill dmg...ok a exmp...WarStomp...has 1000 damage...and my intelect is equal to 0....if my intelect is equal to 1000 my WarStomp has 2000 damage...1000 skill dmg + all my intelect(1000).=2000 damage...:)

Level 5
i want trigger of this function...i dont know what event...condition and action to put into the trigger to do what i want...please reply me with trigger...

Level 5
ok... what is wrong with my trigger...i did it to understand what i want to say....
Event - A unit Begins casting an ability
Condition - (Ability being cast) Equal to StormBolt
Action - If-condition - Strength of (Casting unit)(Exclude bonuses) Equal to 2000
-Then-actions
-Else-Actions - Unit - Cause (Target unit of ability being cast) to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 2000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal.

Then i have on my hero 2000 str increase my skill dmg... my skill dmg has 1000+2000 dmg from strentgh.

Please help! :)

Level 2
Your trigger will only run its actions if your hero has a base strength (excluding items/abilities) of excactly 2000. For example, If your hero has 1974 or 2001 strengththe trigger would not run.
If you wish to just add a stat to the damage than the condition is not needed

• Unit - Cause (Target unit of ability being cast) to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 2000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal.
Will not work the way you think it does. Target unit of ability being cast is the unit that is targeted (damaged) by the spell, however it would need to be the caster of the spell. Target of unit of issued order might not work as a response to an Ability cast event.

Also use A Unit Starts the effect of an ability instead of Begins casting an Ability, because otherwise a targeted unit will still take damage from a spell even if the user cancels an ability before it consumes mana/starts cooldown

• Bonus Damage Trg
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
should work, use Exclude bonuses if you do not want to gain extra damage from Strength obtained through items or abilities.

Level 33
Test map has been attached
This spell does a 50 base damage + INT of the caster to the targeted unit
Floating Text shows the damage value of the bonus damage
Press ESC to increase the caster's INT by 1 per press

Attachments

• Damage Bonus From Attribute.w3x
    13.9 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.