• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Installing Warcraft 3 mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I did that and still i cant find the game under custom games. It shows some game called Skibi's Castle TD in green which looks like its been added cause the picture of the anime girl instead of a map but I didnt try to download any maps other than the diablo/warcraft one.. Whats the name of the warcraft/diablo3 game called? Cause i cant find it for the life of me. Do i have to download all the other maps leading up to 1.19? Cause this is just pissing me off. If i go to custom game and hit up twice i see a folder called Warcraft III 1.21b ROC Installer ENus. Everything i click in that folder doesnt start a game or do anything. I have Vista 64 BTW incase that means anything cause i know vista sucks. Plz help

Last edited:
Level 24
Click This.

Go to your Warcraft III installation folder, and then to Maps. Create a new folder called Diablo, or MyMaps, or something of the sort.

Paste the downloaded .w3x file into this folder.

Now, go and open Warcraft three [Single Player >> Custom Game], and your folder should appear in the hierarchy, aand inside of this folder, you'll see your map.

Click on the map, and press tart.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This forum section is for discussions related to this site (bugs, errors, rules, sugestions and stuff).
This site is not Diablo III Warcraft (it does host it as a project though), so this is not the right place to get help with that project.

Please try in their offical forum section, or as a comment on the map (where this kind of problem belongs).

Basically, firstly put it in your warcraft 3 map folder where you can easilly access it in the custom game slection menu. Secondly make sure you are updated to the lattest patch from battlenet (which you should be). Finally select the map in the custom game option, and click start.

Level 30
:)

The best place to ask for help would be in the Daiblo III Warcraft hosted forums on this site which can be found here

D3W is a standard Warcraft 3 map, and does not require any installation. It works the same as any other custom map :)

As already stated, its worth checking you have the latest version of Warcraft III. The best way to update is to hit your Battle.net button at download the update :)

Another common bug is that new maps may only appear once you restart warcraft :)

Status
Not open for further replies.