• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello! I Need Help, Is There Any Tutorial to Install Mods and Maps From the Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! How's it going? Can you help me? I am new here at Hiveworkshop and new to installing maps or mods in Warcraft 3, I would like to play with custom races and custom campaigns. For example, I discovered that the Ultimate Battle mod exists but I don't know how to install it to make it work completely, just like the SevenBlood custom campaigns. Could someone guide me? Please

Level 21
Welcome!
For starters: don't use all caps like that, it's not necessary.
On your custom campaign wishes: check out the Quenching Mod. It basically allows for most custom campaigns to be played in reforged.

Some won't work sadly, for those you'd have to download older versions of wc3. Version 1.26 should be best suited for most older campaigns.
Btw, for installation help etc seek youtube as well.

Level 2
Welcome!
For starters: don't use all caps like that, it's not necessary.
On your custom campaign wishes: check out the Quenching Mod. It basically allows for most custom campaigns to be played in reforged.

Some won't work sadly, for those you'd have to download older versions of wc3. Version 1.26 should be best suited for most older campaigns.
Btw, for installation help etc seek youtube as well.
Hello! Thanks for replying, sorry for the all caps. My current version is 1.27b, does it work the same?

Level 29
Hello! Thanks for replying, sorry for the all caps. My current version is 1.27b, does it work the same?
All versions of Warcraft 3 have the exact thing regarding the maps/mods available on this site.
If your download is a map or campaign, just place it to "Documents/Warcraft III/Maps" or "Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns" for the recent version.
If your download is a skin/model, you are going to need either Magos' Model Editor or Retera's Model Studio.
To play custom campaigns on Reforged, either install the Quenching Mod or convert the campaign to w3x maps using Xetanth87's Campaign Splitter.
Be advised that, some mods or maps are not compatible with all versions of Warcraft 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.