• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Insert tooltip into tooltip :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi

i make it short. i have 3 buttons with different tooltips.
Tooltip 1 = hello
Tooltip 2 = world
Tooltip 3 = Tooltip 1 + Tooltip 2

how to create tooltip 3 without manually typing "hello" "world". <d ref doesnt work because it seems to reference only doubles.
thx in advance

Level 9
yeah that's right and then i can add it with catalog triggers but that's not exactly what i wanted. now the full story.... :d
i want an actor to show dynamic floating text, since i cannot change the text of the actor by triggers i simple link to a text of a button.
( for example : button A has tooltip button/tooltip/a, and so has the actor)
so far so good, but if i change the tooltip text to something else the actor still shows the old text of button/tooltip/a, if i use a test trigger to show the tooltip it shows me the new text. it somehow doesnt refresh the text. so my idea was to have a "pointer" inside the tooltip but i only now of <d ref .. data reference i guess and data seem to be only real values.

Status
Not open for further replies.