• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Input on a "Fantasy Life" Spin-Off ???

Would you play this map if it was finished? (Perhaps even Roleplay too?)

• Yes! I would do both!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I would play.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thank you.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
What do you guys think about a "Fantasy Life" spin-off? It would have some similar elements to create familiarity in the helpful sense, but obviously not be a duplicate or too confusingly different.
I'm mostly trying to get a pool of how many people might be interested in this kinda thing, if not very many people, I might not continue making it, you know?

I wanted to make a desert version (using the ruins tile set) for the town and castle, but also use other tile sets for other areas like icy mountains and a fiery valley.

~ Right now I have these areas for the map I've listed below. (more to come soon,) ~

Tales of Mul'Darra - Minimap.jpg
Tales of Mul'Darra - Minimap ~ Color Layer ~ Legend.jpg
Tales of Mul'Darra - Color Layer.jpg
Legend.jpg

Click HERE to view screenshots of the map's visual progress thus far. (tis' a dropbox link).

~ Feel free to throw any ideas for zones, bosses, encounters, or game play that you would like to see in this spin-off, I'll take any ideas I cant get. ~

Attachments

• Tales of Mul'Darra - Minimap ~ Color Layer.jpg
    Tales of Mul'Darra - Minimap ~ Color Layer.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 99
Level 1
The map did not make much sense to me. It had events that were nearly impossible to kill and took hours to even see. Fantasy Life seemed like a big waste of time to me, even bigger than LoaP.

I agree with you
which is why i might have events, but also have a vote to switch them off if i did because they were annoying.

Level 15
I wouldn't create a desert version rather expand and create a desert kingdom to the south. Most people used to play this map not for it's game play bur for roleplaying. I'm assuming nothing have changed, so improving the esthetics of it goes a long way, as well as giving more customization options.

Status
Not open for further replies.