• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

initially active auto-cast ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want to know how to put a auto-cast abillity on whenever the unit recieves the ability. I forgot how to do it and if I am correct this can be done without triggers.

Anyone knows? I forgot how :S

Level 14
You can edit any unit's Default Active Ability, under Abilities.

yes but that doesnt make the auto-cast ability be active whenever the unit gets its ability.

What I mean is: lets say I have a TD where you build a tower...
The tower has an auto-cast ability but you'll have to right click the auto-cast ability before it starts auto-casting... If I am correct there is a way to put that initially on when the tower is build so that you don't have to activate them by yourself. (without using triggers)

Level 14
hmm I guess I'm just lazy, I wanted to hurry with my map without having to go into the trigger editor.

I'll create something that'll work, no problems :)
+ rep to u :goblin_good_job:

EDIT:

• Make the autocast abillity on
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ice Arrow Tower
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Sylvanas Windrunner - Activate Cold Arrows
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Fire Arrow Tower
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Priestess Of The Moon - Activate Searing Arrows
        • Else - Actions
this will work ;) Lol that took like 5 seconds xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.