• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ingame grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to make an ingame grid. In other words, have the same kind of grid in the world editor applied when playing on the map.

Level 2
the grid seems actually great but i'm wondering if I could make it transparent ( no black in the middle) and acutally put it over another terrain type. I could then get a nice terrain with a grid over it, such as grasslands and desert all grided. Would that be possible? thank you so very much

Level 2
Maybe replacing the boundaries artwork by the grid..? Thus applying two layers of tiles instead of one

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Make a grid as a model, then just apply it to a doodad and put it on your map =/ that's the simplest way.

Level 2
GOT IT!!!!!!! took out the dark of the small grid and made it transparent, thus making a ingame grid! thank you SO VERY MUCH!

Level 8
You can make your own but that will just look really weird... Try like... Uh... Flatting out an object and make it longer than a horse dump... Gah.... Erhm... Go with what WherewolfTherewolf said!

Off Topic: Hahah lolol... Never seen you before on the hive until today, for some reason ive seen you on like every forum there is that ive looked at today!

Level 2
Well heres the grid I arranged, you need to apply with the smallest brush size or else it will create dark squares. The original grid was made by supermj, thus all credits to him I only removed the black filling between the lines, making it transparent.

Attachments

• Gridsmall.rar
    12.3 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.