• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Information Display/Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm creating a campaign where the player will customize his hero in the beginning through the use of dialogue boxes. He/She will choose the race (human, orc, night elf, etc.) and the class (knight, marksman, sorceress), etc. of their hero.

The problem is that I want to tell/show the player the strengths, weaknesses, special abilities, etc. of each race and class somehow before he/she chooses.
I don't believe you can do this with dialogue boxes, so is there any other way to get this information to the player (in-game or out-game)?

Thank you ahead of time!

Level 19
Make a building with choosing abilities
choose undead,nightelf,human,orc etc and this abilities changes building into another one with different abilities

Abilities can be tooltiped

Sure everyplayer must have his own research building (for what I suggested only)

Level 3
Thanks Need_02 for the suggestion. I like using dialogue boxes for choosing heroes, but your idea is much better.

Also, it's only a single-player campaign, so I won't have to worry about separate buildings (I gave up on multiplayer campaign since you can't have multiple maps)

Status
Not open for further replies.